Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #411
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I was re-watching Batman Begins tonight, and the actor who plays Prince Joffrey has a little bit part in it.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:33 AM   #412
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I've been watching this show at a relatives. I'm 4 episodes in and it's ok so far. I feel like I'm missing a lot. Like there is a backstory going on that I don't know of. I can see why people like it more than Camelot. But so far, I prefer Camelot. I'm trying to watch an episode or two a day. Should be finished by next week.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:02 AM   #413
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I've been watching this show at a relatives. I'm 4 episodes in and it's ok so far. I feel like I'm missing a lot. Like there is a backstory going on that I don't know of. I can see why people like it more than Camelot. But so far, I prefer Camelot. I'm trying to watch an episode or two a day. Should be finished by next week.
Seems pretty straightforward, the book expands a lot more on each characters motives, thoughts and feelings and there is a significant history and backstory to it all, but we're only meant to catch glimpses of that from what the characters say and do throughout the whole season. And even in season 1 you don't get a full picture of the history of the realm. It will unfold slowly. I think that's intentional and not uncommon in the fantasy genre.

It felt to me like it had a higher production quality than Camelot, and I definitely prefer it GOT over Camelot. It does move a little slow tho. :x
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #414
eyimen
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Camelot over Thrones?

You must be kidding
eyimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #415
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzylojiks View Post
Seems pretty straightforward, the book expands a lot more on each characters motives, thoughts and feelings and there is a significant history and backstory to it all, but we're only meant to catch glimpses of that from what the characters say and do throughout the whole season. And even in season 1 you don't get a full picture of the history of the realm. It will unfold slowly. I think that's intentional and not uncommon in the fantasy genre.

It felt to me like it had a higher production quality than Camelot, and I definitely prefer it GOT over Camelot. It does move a little slow tho. :x
I feel like I'm missing that history. We'll see. The first episode opens with that snow scene and four episodes in and it's still building to what happened out there. Also, the stuff with the two blondes attempting to recapture what I guess was their kingdom. Plus, the stuff going on inside the kingdom. Going in I didn't know this was a big fantasy. I'm not attached to any of the characters so far.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #416
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Game of Thrones is a slow burner that consists of an abundance of character development and foreshadowing. It may not be for everyone but its certainly better than Camelot which lacks any real substance and is more soap opera than fantasy. There is a reason one series was picked up for a second season immediately after it's first episode aired while the other was canceled before it's first season even finished. Thats just my 2 cents though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #417
Luminous
Cyclops

I finally have this series on my PC. Going to have to start watching sometime this week.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #418
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

I also didn't like the way they handled Merlin in Camelot so far.
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #419
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzylojiks View Post
I also didn't like the way they handled Merlin in Camelot so far.
The whole series was handled poorly. IMO all of the characters were terribly miscast, especially Arthur.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #420
patrickwm68
The Flash

I only watched the 1st 3 episodes of Camelot, the other episodes are still on my DVR.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote