Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-17-2017, 04:52 PM   #5401
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

If Magneto is $975.00, then he will be my Sideshow swan song.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #5402
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
The conspiracy theorist in me can't get over thinking SS is pulling a "SS" when saying this sold out in 14 minutes. I can see XM sellouts that fast because they never make more than 999 of them. They are also $400 to $500 cheaper than SS Thanos if ordered directly through XM. I find it very hard to believe that a statue with 750 ES just for the exclusive with a $1200 price tag sold like it was $20 bucks. they are going to make thousands of the regular edition. I would not be surprised if the overall ES is over 3,000. Here is my theory:

SS is seeing XM, Prime 1, and other manufactures sell out in minutes. It is hurting their reputation as a collectibles company as many are viewing XM and Prime 1 as highly collectible and SS as wait and see. In order to get on the same collectible level as XM and Prime 1 they create a great piece, overprice it by about $500 and hype the crap out of it. They probably had a preset number for exclusive of like 300. They sold out quickly and everyone is screaming about how this thing will sell for $10k by next year. Doing this accomplishes two things for SS. 1.) they make buyers think that their items are collectible/w great resale value because they sold so quickly. 2.) It creates a sense of urgency for buyers to purchase future pieces thinking they will sell out in 10 minutes.

I really think SS took a hit with the deadpool orders and people are just not ordering right at preorder anymore. SS had to do something to get cash flowing through the system early on in the preorder. I think this is their way of doing it.

I foresee the future: Magneto Preorder sellout in 10 minutes. Price tag $975 for regular sized PF. EX ES of 750 and regular of 3000. The fanatics on these boards scream how it will be worth $5K right after release.

I did not order and never planned on ordering this statue at $1200. If it was priced on the same level as their other pieces at around $850-$1K maybe. My concern is what future preorders that I do plan on ordering are going to look like.

For me, the real value in quality, art direction, size, money is prime 1. I really like SS, but I think they are falling behind other companies in terms of art direction. I am not bashing this piece. I think it is fantastic and is one of SS best, but something tells me there is trickery involved. I can't be the only one thinking this?

Let the bashing begin... like I just kicked your baby:-)
Bruh...whatever you're smoking, after reading that, i need some too.
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #5403
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
Need to pass that joint around and let everyone get a puff.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #5404
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic View Post
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:26 PM   #5405
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
If Magneto is $975.00, then he will be my Sideshow swan song.
Very doubtful it will be $975. Many people said the same thing when DP 2 came out, PFs will be $700 from now on but lo and behold PFs that came out after that were below $500.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #5406
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by newe82 View Post
The conspiracy theorist in me can't get over thinking SS is pulling a "SS" when saying this sold out in 14 minutes. I can see XM sellouts that fast because they never make more than 999 of them. They are also $400 to $500 cheaper than SS Thanos if ordered directly through XM. I find it very hard to believe that a statue with 750 ES just for the exclusive with a $1200 price tag sold like it was $20 bucks. they are going to make thousands of the regular edition. I would not be surprised if the overall ES is over 3,000. Here is my theory:

SS is seeing XM, Prime 1, and other manufactures sell out in minutes. It is hurting their reputation as a collectibles company as many are viewing XM and Prime 1 as highly collectible and SS as wait and see. In order to get on the same collectible level as XM and Prime 1 they create a great piece, overprice it by about $500 and hype the crap out of it. They probably had a preset number for exclusive of like 300. They sold out quickly and everyone is screaming about how this thing will sell for $10k by next year. Doing this accomplishes two things for SS. 1.) they make buyers think that their items are collectible/w great resale value because they sold so quickly. 2.) It creates a sense of urgency for buyers to purchase future pieces thinking they will sell out in 10 minutes.

I really think SS took a hit with the deadpool orders and people are just not ordering right at preorder anymore. SS had to do something to get cash flowing through the system early on in the preorder. I think this is their way of doing it.

I foresee the future: Magneto Preorder sellout in 10 minutes. Price tag $975 for regular sized PF. EX ES of 750 and regular of 3000. The fanatics on these boards scream how it will be worth $5K right after release.

I did not order and never planned on ordering this statue at $1200. If it was priced on the same level as their other pieces at around $850-$1K maybe. My concern is what future preorders that I do plan on ordering are going to look like.

For me, the real value in quality, art direction, size, money is prime 1. I really like SS, but I think they are falling behind other companies in terms of art direction. I am not bashing this piece. I think it is fantastic and is one of SS best, but something tells me there is trickery involved. I can't be the only one thinking this?

Let the bashing begin... like I just kicked your baby:-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
No bashing but you did kinda lose me. What trickery could have been involved? Are you saying the 750 didn't really sell out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Very doubtful. If you really look at it SS sells more statues in a year than both of the companies (combined) you talked about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Any post that begins with the phrase "The conspiracy theorist in me can't help but think..." doesn't hold much credibility with me. If you're labeling it a conspiracy theory, why should we take it as anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Lemme stop you right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
Quote:

This thread is hysterical!

The only fanatic that said it would sell for 5K in a few years Forps.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:37 PM   #5407
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
I'm not a scammer. But Im now convinced your a " jerk"

I have already explained myself. And pretty damm clearly I thought.

Well I guess we will leave it at that.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #5408
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
That's what she said.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #5409
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #5410
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote