Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #6001
BurningRage
Inhumans

If they knock it out of the park I could see Magneto es being higher.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #6002
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think that's unlikely. Why would that warehouse put their lucrative relationship with SS in danger by producing additional EX portraits? And why would SS continue to do business with a factory that screwed them like that?
It's already been done. It has actually happened with the original Iron Man COM. Besides, it's not like recasters need a factory nowadays to recast a quality EX Thanos portrait.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:33 PM   #6003
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen or Bust View Post
Funny how for some people here who have no interest in picking this statue up are constantly posting about what a rip off this piece îs and trying to convince others the same....
We get it, let it go, you've said your criticisms a 100 times , why stress about it so much. The best thing you are doing about showing your dis-pleasure on Thanos is not purchasing it.
The piece is AMAZING, one of the best pieces I have seen, I am only ripping the price of 1200. I am glad to see a MASSIVE ES size because I will hopefully grab one sub 1k. If not I will be just fine
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #6004
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
The REG is going to sell-out 6 MONTHS after release (March 2017 correct?). So till September 2017 the reg would be gone and then the

aftermarket path of a TRUE "grail" will start (in every hobby there is a path)

This Thanos is miles ahead of Doom on Throne. The first photo next to Doom on Throne or Magneto on throne and its state as the NEW GRAIL OF GRAILS will be sealed forever. I am not going to argue. My predictions are flawless as you all know. 100% accuracy. 6 months after release, 3500 reg pieces would be sold. EASILYYYYY
We'll see. With an ES of 3500, smart collectors will dump their PO as soon as they can get their NRD back and pick this up for less than retail. This will cause a back log of the MAQ and drive prices down.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:36 PM   #6005
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
It's already been done. It has actually happened with the original Iron Man COM. Besides, it's not like recasters need a factory nowadays to recast a quality EX Thanos portrait.
It will happen to much money for it not too. You have 3500 potential customers. You charge $100.00 a piece easy. half buy it that 1750 x 100 thats a cool 175,000.00 the mold is cast is only a few bucks they are clearing 150k profit easy.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:37 PM   #6006
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
With an ES of 3500 and a price point of $1200...in 2 to 3 years this may still be in stock. Sorry forps, the party is over. SSC made sure of it with the monstrous ES on the REG.
This will be on their discount list by this time next year.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:38 PM   #6007
Y3E
Gen 13

A few years after Thanos on his Ass comes out no one is going to care anymore about him. There will be so many new and great statues for preorder.

I'm sorry Forps but $5-6K for the EX, hell no. Even with the Infinity War movie, movie goers who are statue collectors are not going to say, "Hot damn I can get this puppy in my house for $5K...take my money!" Anyone who wants one now, whether EX or reg will get it now. There will be new collectors but do you think they would want to shell out that kind of money when they could buy 7-10 other statues for that amount?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #6008
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
You nailed it in the end there will be 4000 exs just a bunch with a recast head. If I can get a non ex for under 1k I may be in. I stayed out because I refuse to pay 1200. Plus shipping
Keep the faith. Once smart collectors are eligible to get back their full NRD, they'll start dumping their REG POs as soon as they can. I know I would. A 3500 ES only works in the collectors favor. I look at it like this...SSC is a business, they are looking to line their pockets with as much money as possible. I'm a consumer who always looks to save as much money as I can. Canceling the REG PO and picking it up later for less is what works best for me.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:44 PM   #6009
xforce
Hydra

This is a great statue drop the price to 999.99 and this thing sells well drop it 750.00 and the 3500 reg edition sells out in the 6 months as forps predicted. The issue is not the piece its amazing its the PRICE.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #6010
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

High levels of sodium from all the bitter folks that hope the ex fails. lol! I dont see anyone announcing their waitlist has converted since the es announcement. Those that are on the waitlist, why not cancel your orders, instead of trying to sway the ex owners into canceling? I bet if your WL order converted, those same naysayers will run and join the ex club, and completely turn a 180 from their original stance. lmao!

I see reverse psychology here. Just like when Sideshow announced the es of 750, and all the members here told people "dont buy it right away. It'll sit for months before it sells out". People fell for it while others capitalized on securing one.

Do your thing with the recasted heads or custom parts. Whatever will make you feel better guys. But custom head or not, the regular will always be a regular and a part of the 3500 run, and not a part of the original 750 exclusive run. Again, what makes an exclusive a genuine exclusive, is when the majority of people want what they cant have, and have to settle for the second best thing. And if you want the ex, you'll have to pay up for it. This is a true exclusive with a run of 750 in all sense of the word.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote