Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-05-2016, 10:13 AM   #31
qz33
Doctor Doom

Prepare for to be annoyed.

He had recently done an MK9 Kitana so he went with Jade.

Everyone wants consistency but I have doubts sales would support it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #32
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

She not wearing gloves.... Maybe a ex?

Definitely interested in this one
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #33
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Prepare for to be annoyed.

He had recently done an MK9 Kitana so he went with Jade.

Everyone wants consistency but I have doubts sales would support it.
But it's done anyway with the likes of Ryu and all his itetrations. Mind you, even that is wearing thin judging by the availability of the latest preorder. I thought Evil Ryu would have sold out instantly.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:28 PM   #34
LABound
Justice League

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=156747

Based on this I still think it's Kitana in primary costume from MK9.
LABound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 04:33 PM   #35
addic
The X-Men

I also think this will be MK9 Kitana in 1:3 scale. Sadly.

With all due respect...that pisses me off. I once rated PCS amongst my favorite manufacturers but if I am honest to myself these days are gone. I still love most of the statues they are making. But all these incomplete lines are one of the reasons for changing my mind about them. Not getting a 1:4 Klassic Kitana but instead a 1:3 MK9 Kitana sucks. I decided to let my 1:4 Klassic ninjas go because I am going to replace them with the 1:3 Klassic ninjas - next to the 1:4 females, Raiden, Liu Kang and the bosses. And a 1:3 MK9 Kitana doesn't fit at all. I think in the end this will be another step in the wrong direction for Jerry / PCS.

The massive delays, extremely long (and annoying) wait times, an often subpar customer service and now these weird decisions regarding the lines will have their impact.

EDIT: Having said that I meanwhile don't really see any reason to pre-order. Why putting down money and waiting 2 years when I can get most of the pieces for retail when they are out? And exactly that is the case.

I would be really (!) happy if I would again have that enthusiasm for PCS I once had but seeing the trend and the route they are going at the moment I somehow doubt it.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:55 PM   #36
Toulon89
Kindly Asked To Leave

Has no one else realized? 99% of the time, I don't think Jerry is doing this for the fans. This sounds really crappy but I don't mean it in that way.

Jerry does what he wants to see be made. Whenever you ask him about a specific character or sculpt, it's "I think X is a cool idea so yah he's on my list".

Jerry is doing what he thinks is cool. At NYCC he already said 1/4 kitana was completed...
Toulon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #37
Hevy
Kindly Asked To Leave

1/3 should of been left for Klassics only.

The way i see it, bigger scale depictications are an emphasis of the classic/iconic sentimental aspect.

Once you've finished the Klassic's in 1/3, then it would be reasonable to wander on and explore modern pathways.

But i personally won't touch a 1/3 scale statue unless it holds sentimental value.
Hevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #38
Seba
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hoping for a classic touch to the following 1:3 statue to go with the ninjas. If PCS goes the MK9 way i will pass and probably just sell my 1:3 ninja statues as well since there's no point in keeping them to have a mixed up line.
Seba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:00 PM   #39
Toulon89
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba View Post
Hoping for a classic touch to the following 1:3 statue to go with the ninjas. If PCS goes the MK9 way i will pass and probably just sell my 1:3 ninja statues as well since there's no point in keeping them to have a mixed up line.
nah, the three ninjas alone are worth keeping. those alone are grails, but I agree, I want more klassic 1/3s. mk9 and mkx mean nothing to me.
Toulon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #40
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
I also think this will be MK9 Kitana in 1:3 scale. Sadly.

With all due respect...that pisses me off. I once rated PCS amongst my favorite manufacturers but if I am honest to myself these days are gone. I still love most of the statues they are making. But all these incomplete lines are one of the reasons for changing my mind about them. Not getting a 1:4 Klassic Kitana but instead a 1:3 MK9 Kitana sucks. I decided to let my 1:4 Klassic ninjas go because I am going to replace them with the 1:3 Klassic ninjas - next to the 1:4 females, Raiden, Liu Kang and the bosses. And a 1:3 MK9 Kitana doesn't fit at all. I think in the end this will be another step in the wrong direction for Jerry / PCS.

The massive delays, extremely long (and annoying) wait times, an often subpar customer service and now these weird decisions regarding the lines will have their impact.

EDIT: Having said that I meanwhile don't really see any reason to pre-order. Why putting down money and waiting 2 years when I can get most of the pieces for retail when they are out? And exactly that is the case.

I would be really (!) happy if I would again have that enthusiasm for PCS I once had but seeing the trend and the route they are going at the moment I somehow doubt it.
I think I'll have to disagree with what you said. I usually let people fight their own battles, but Jerry and his team definitely deserve some props. As far as I can tell he has two basic business philosophies that guide his decisions

1) What do I think is awesome
2) What do I think people think is awesome, and is also feasible to do?

PCS is very good about doing one or both of these. Projects seem to be done sometimes if Jerry himself really likes the character and wants to see it happen (the werewolves and many of the 1:3 and busts), and otherwise he tries to work out what fan favorites are feasible to do.

I also noticed something he commonly does is use a popular character to bolster profits needed to fuel a less popular character. So this way you get the mainstream fan favorites as well as the cult favorites. It makes a lot of sense to me.

If this is truly MK9 Kitana again, it may be because her design is popular. And to be honest, most of her designs are pretty similar. The MKX one really stands out to me, but a lot of those designs have a different mood to them.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote