Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #111
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
It's a Perk you can choose when your character gets to a higher level. With this Perk, during a fight, there's a chance that a "mysterious stranger" will show up and help you finish off your opponents, then leave. I haven't choosen this Perk yet, anyone know if it's worth it?
wasnt for me. had it for 3 levels and he showed up ONCE. Highly suggest passing on it and choosing something that benefits you all the time like one of the upgraded skill perks. Theres actually a bunch of good ones that open up not long after like eating corpses for health and 50% damage resistance for limbs. Anything like that would be far more beneficial for the game as a whole compared to the stranger perk. Total waste of a point. If you're depending on silly stuff like that to stay alive by that level anyway you have a problem. I was a damage sponge by around 13-14 from the other perks.
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:23 AM   #112
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Wow.. that sucks... he only showed up once for you? What's your luck at? I think mine's 4 or 5... it got upped once by a book so far, I believe.

It probably varies from game to game, but I do think your Luck being at least around 5 guarantees he shows up fairly often. I wasn't kidding when I said he shows up about once every four fights... most people I know of that have picked that perk have had the same good luck with him that I have.

Totally agree that you shouldn't have to "rely" on the "Mysterious Stranger" perk, or any perk for that matter.. to keep you alive, but believe me.. it doesn't hurt either. If you have the proper perks and stats, you shouldn't take much dmg by lvl 13 or 14 anyways, true (although what you're fighting/what the difficulty level is set at may change this). So many damned good perks in this game...would make sense to pick a passive/active one that you have control of, that is always present.

My followers haven't died yet either. thankfully.. and one of them is routinely set on fire by super mutants and their ilk.. haha. I usually have one using short-ranged firearms, and one using long-ranged... so that I can bounce between the two to support them. My game's set to very hard.. which I changed it over to from hard as soon as I got my first human follower.

The stranger might've made an appearance and you didn't notice him also, Dekind.. just fyi. A western guitar strums, and he shows up.. kills a mob.. then vanishes again. Easy to miss him if you're embroiled in a huge shootout with 4-5 enemies or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKind View Post
wasnt for me. had it for 3 levels and he showed up ONCE. Highly suggest passing on it and choosing something that benefits you all the time like one of the upgraded skill perks. Theres actually a bunch of good ones that open up not long after like eating corpses for health and 50% damage resistance for limbs. Anything like that would be far more beneficial for the game as a whole compared to the stranger perk. Total waste of a point. If you're depending on silly stuff like that to stay alive by that level anyway you have a problem. I was a damage sponge by around 13-14 from the other perks.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:17 AM   #113
DeKind

luck was set at a base of 7 from the get go. As i said, once in 3 levels so it was totally worthless. Perhaps my client/game is bugged for some reason. Certainly plenty of those floating around.

Regardless once you get weapons like A3-21s Plasma rifle you're vaporizing stuff left and right anyway and as there are many other more worthwhile perks i'd still suggest passing over.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #114
Lizard King
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Walkin' around with Dogmeat and Jericho is a blast.. especially with the Mysterious Stranger perk (he shows up about 1 out of every 4 fights, which is awesome)...

..nice havin' a posse.
I brought Charon the ghoul from his owner in the underworld in the hopes he would join up with me. After I told him he was free, he walks away and stands in the center of the room. When I get close to him the prompt comes up to talk, but I get nothing. I think I found another glitch, and it cost me a follower. As I get farther into the game, I've been seeing more and more glitches, most small, but there's this, and a quest I can't complete because the game locks up. I hope it doesn't get worse.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #115
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

The only bug I've come across so far is I fell in a 5 foot crack in pavement that I couldn't get out of....

Thankfully I save every 10 minutes or so, and the autosave's there also...

When you free Charon, he "says goodbye" to his former master, then joins you.. sounds like he bugged for you.

There's a ton of followers in the game.. I've run across a few now.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #116
DeKind

The worst i encountered was neutered damage when using vats. You'd shoot someone in the face 3 times and do basically no damage. Once you're out of vats you shoot them in the same location and they die in 2 shots. Really annoying bug since vats is kinda key to the gameplay.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #117
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I've seen a couple wonky glitches. I killed a raider and then he started doing these cartwheels in the air. Forward and backwards. It was weird. I shot one of those bears. I can't remember the name. Head shotted him and he was sent flipping end over end like a football for at least 50 yards. I also fell through a rock once. A BIG rock too. It was about a 20 foot fall. I'll also notice blood squirting in the air after the body's already fallen. Just blood gushing in mid air hehe.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #118
Lizard King
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
The only bug I've come across so far is I fell in a 5 foot crack in pavement that I couldn't get out of....

Thankfully I save every 10 minutes or so, and the autosave's there also...

When you free Charon, he "says goodbye" to his former master, then joins you.. sounds like he bugged for you.

There's a ton of followers in the game.. I've run across a few now.
Yeah, he said he wanted to talk to his former master. They talk, seperate and now I can't interact with either of them. They will kill me should I attact them though. It's okay, I think I prefer to work alone anyway.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #119
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Found a bug today, only my second thus far.

When I looked a certain direction in Scrapyard, I got like a.. pyramid-shaped... design in the middle of my screen.. which distorted just the middle of it.. but it was HUGE.. and made walking in that direction impossible.

Walking in any other direction, the bug/glitch was gone, and it only happened that one time in Scrapyard.. but.. wow.. craziness.

Anyone know where the sniper is in Scrapyard, anyways? Need to find him. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:55 AM   #120
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Is this better on a console or PC?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote