Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #41
joelyface
Fantastic Four

was lookin at photos on twitter, that unmasked face has a lot of issues with the mouth/chin proportion. You can really see it in the profile. Not sure what they were goin for...

joelyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:08 PM   #42
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The bottom lip is just an anatomically ----ed. It looks like she has a tube running horizontally through her bottom lip.
Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:03 AM   #43
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
And that price has went from stupid to ridiculous. Stupid was when they all hit $100. I was still stupid enough to buy them. You like what you like. But even I have to just draw the line on stylized PVC figures. They look as great as ever. But that's the issue. The price has skyrocketed but the consumer is getting nothing more. Sorry for the rant but I love this line and Koto in general and while I see a comeback in the Fine art scale (prices have jumped there too) here in my beloved Bishoujo scale the pricing have been just outrageous. I mean how long until we are at $150 US? I know the pricing talk is futile and I'm in no way knocking people paying. We are in an overpriced hobby across the board. But man it just seems like these are not giving any value back to the consumer for the dollar.
Totally agree. The price for plastic is bad enough, but all the re-issues REALLY bother me as a collector.

If you spend $150. and could at least get your money back (as a one-time release) that's one thing. But cash-grab Koto has to re-issue everything, so you're taking a hit if you want to sell. It also waters down the uniqueness of your collection.
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 01:21 PM   #44
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaguy705 View Post
Totally agree. The price for plastic is bad enough, but all the re-issues REALLY bother me as a collector.

If you spend $150. and could at least get your money back (as a one-time release) that's one thing. But cash-grab Koto has to re-issue everything, so you're taking a hit if you want to sell. It also waters down the uniqueness of your collection.
This is why I’ve stopped purchasing their DC line but nothing’s been re-issued from the Marvel line (at least not that I know of).
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:52 PM   #45
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Roth View Post
The bottom lip is just an anatomically ----ed. It looks like she has a tube running horizontally through her bottom lip.
"Anatomically inaccurate" is the like the tag line for the Bishoujo line Almost all of their figures suffer from it in one way or the other.

That being said, this would still be decent for around $70-$80 range. Maybe even $90. But, definitely not $130.
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:23 AM   #46
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
"Anatomically inaccurate" is the like the tag line for the Bishoujo line Almost all of their figures suffer from it in one way or the other.

That being said, this would still be decent for around $70-$80 range. Maybe even $90. But, definitely not $130.
Yeah, I'd consider at $70.
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:25 AM   #47
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm so disappointed in my fellow statue forum members. I get all my statue info from here, and nobody posted that the X Force version of X 23 was up for PO. BBTS is already sold out, so I had to pay the extra $15 shipping at Sideshow. So I'm very disappointed in the rest of you . Of course, I'm kidding about being mad, but I am surprised that I'm the first to post about the X Force version.

The X Force version looks great, so now I have to decide if I'm going to cancel my regular version from BBTS since I do not have 2 versions of any of my Bishoujos. She is $10 more than the regular version, which makes no sense because the only difference is the paint job. I'm sure another member will post photos.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:31 AM   #48
Augen
The Hulk

I had no idea this was up for sale. That went quick.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 01:07 PM   #49
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

They've also revealed an X-Force variant.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...obukiya-909991
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 01:13 PM   #50
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

On an IG post Koto said it (the X-Force variant) was a Sideshow US release only. Not sure if BBTS ever had it even though it says sold out. Still on pre-order on Sideshow.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote