Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-09-2021, 05:33 PM   #311
Waga68
Fantastic Four

Any announcements on why there's no newsletter?
Waga68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:37 PM   #312
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waga68 View Post
Any announcements on why there's no newsletter?
Haven’t heard anything. I’m sure we’ll hear something next week sometime.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:12 PM   #313
ukshaun
Hercules

Newsletter 10 dropped today

First off, My apologies for this newsletter being a week late, September seems like it was over before it began.

Happy Fall! This is my favorite time of the year and I’m so looking forward to moving into 2022. I truly hope this finds you and your loved ones well. We've got a couple of big things to discuss in this month's newsletter, so I'll hop right to it.

POWER-CON 2021
Power-Con was such a fun and unique experience for us, and we were so happy to spend a weekend with the most hardcore MOTU fans in the Universe! Infinite thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth to visit us and check out all the great Masters of the Universe pieces we have been working so hard on, as well as those of you that attended Dave Igo's fantastic panel about the past, present, and future of Tweeterhead and our involvement with the Masters franchise.

Truly, the reactions to the prototype reveals of Mer-Man, Trap Jaw and the He-Man on Battle Cat maquettes on social media and in person were truly humbling, and we can't wait to bring you more.

On top of that, we were so excited to bring you the Hordak Variant and were so happy to give away two Hordak's Minions (which we flew across the globe just for this event) to those lucky Social Media contest winners that were in attendance (including the gentlemen that left THE AIRPORT in order to pick up his prize!)

We can't wait for Power-Con 2022 and we are so excited to see you there!

Until then, please enjoy Dave Igo's panel right here: https://youtu.be/WX4t64vLJ-8

Revenge of “Where’s my Maquette” or where’s my Maquette part 3
This year (as well as the last) have been so challenging for everyone, but this container situation has really put me (Chad) into a position I haven’t ever been in since I started doing this a decade ago. We’re doing everything in our power to secure a container, and we have many logicstics teams looking for them for us, but right now, even when we get a lead on one, there seem to be issues. The last set of 40’ containers we were trying to secure had previously carried chemicals and the notes said the container had intense smells. Needless to say we passed on them. (We don’t want to send anyone a literal Poison Ivy).

Please know that we are doing everything we can. As you can see, we have put all pre-orders on hold until we get a lead on getting these maquettes to you guys. Sadly (especially for me personally) is the fact that with Ivy, we had our new plan of action down. Ivy went up for pre-order in Nov 2020 and she was finished in the factory at the beginning of June…8 months. The same is true for Catwoman and Minion and as I write this, I’m also getting email updates on the production of Superman, Teela and our Skeletor bust. The irony of course being that as we finally were getting so far ahead, this situation hits every industry including ours, and has been depressing at the very least. So many people supported us through the rough bits when we were behind in our production schedule and we worked so hard to get back on track. Also, bringing together a killer team of artists, designers and managers only to have this crisis happen has been a real blow.

I hope you see that in holding back on pre-orders, calming all the announcements of stuff to come in the future isn’t a sign that we are going anywhere...On the contrary, we have so many big plans for the future. Think of this rather as a sign that we are making your orders the top priority.

The bottom line is that your stuff WILL GET HERE, it’s just going to be a bit of a waiting game. Thank you so much for your patience.

Ivy and Catwoman and Minion, Oh My…

I know a bunch of you have sent messages about Ivy reaching some customers, as well as Catwoman, and maybe even a few Minions. Our sole distribution partner, Sideshow, was able to get some of these orders to you. I’ve heard some of you are pretty unhappy about this, and as much as I understand your passion for getting your item first (especially the EX customers), I was personally happy to know that the majority of Tweeterhead product was safely on the way, and I could focus on you guys (a smaller number that is much more manageable for me).

We have been trying to piggyback on shipments coming over here and have sent a few of our EX Ivy to EX customers. We also brought over a few Minions for the recent Powercon. As much as I’d love to just have all of your EX orders sent over here, every option outside of a container is just so cost prohibitive.

We are trying to send the EX international customers their orders directly from the factory…and think we will have good luck with this. Stay tuned for news…

Containers at Sea

I think this article explains more of the problem…have a seat before reading. Even if we were on a ship, the ports are so overloaded with containers (500K and counting)

https://www.businessinsider.com/ship...ortages-2021-9

SO IS THERE ANY GOOD NEWS???

There is!
Production reviews and pictures of Poison Ivy etc are all positive and as usual the pieces are looking stunning.
Although, we aren’t showing things at the moment…we have an awesome 2022 line list of DC and MOTU pieces.
We're safe and healthy. Since this started, I have certainly gained a certain perspective as both a more patient person and consumer. It may seem trite, but knowing that we're all in this together has made me feel like the Tweeterhead community has grown stronger and more caring.
And for that, in spite of every curveball life has thrown at us all these past 19 months, I am grateful.

Thank you again, to all our customers, the Tweeterhead Family, for sticking with us and we can't wait to get to the other side and share more nerdy goodness with you all soon!
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:25 PM   #314
Augen
Metal Men

"Please know that we are doing everything we can. As you can see, we have put all pre-orders on hold until we get a lead on getting these maquettes to you guys. Sadly (especially for me personally) is the fact that with Ivy, we had our new plan of action down. Ivy went up for pre-order in Nov 2020 and she was finished in the factory at the beginning of June…8 months. The same is true for Catwoman and Minion and as I write this, I’m also getting email updates on the production of Superman, Teela and our Skeletor bust. The irony of course being that as we finally were getting so far ahead, this situation hits every industry including ours, and has been depressing at the very least. So many people supported us through the rough bits when we were behind in our production schedule and we worked so hard to get back on track. Also, bringing together a killer team of artists, designers and managers only to have this crisis happen has been a real blow."

This section stuck with me and I really appreciate Chad explaining the situation while other statues I've been waiting on remain in limbo with no answer. I hope by 2022 some of this begins to turn a corners and can move process along better.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #315
Mister H
Gen 13

I was really hoping to have Superman 2.0 and Black Adam in hand by this December. I can wait though. Hopefully Deathstroke will be announced in 2022 along with other classic Bat-villains. Those and Batman are really the only characters I'm looking forward to.

....unless they do a Hal Jordan GL 2.0.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:44 PM   #316
ukshaun
Hercules

We are trying to send the EX international customers their orders directly from the factory…and think we will have good luck with this. Stay tuned for news…

I ray of hope i might receive Catwoman sooner rather than later. I wonder how much shipping will be?
I wonder if the shipping would be higher, lower or the same if shipped from the US?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:52 PM   #317
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Even though I would’ve liked to have just seen some previews of stuff that most likely won’t be going up for PO until next year it was very informative the newsletter and it’s not like this is an isolated incident just with Tweeterhead this is thousands of companies that are being affected by this

I do have to say if I was a masters of the universe fan I would actually be rather excited about all of those statues coming out because they are very impressive looking

Hopefully by the end of the year will be able to see colored versions of wonder woman, The Flash and a reveal of Harley Quinn and Batman
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #318
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

So, if some Catwoman statues have reached customers… where are the pics?!
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #319
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Today is FRIDAY!! do we get NEW news? (maybe a little Harley today). I know we got Flash this week. And yay for all the Flash fans.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:52 PM   #320
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
So, if some Catwoman statues have reached customers? where are the pics?!
Um there is an entire thread with pics of people receiving her.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote