Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-29-2021, 08:40 PM   #151
Chao
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Interesting that they don't anticipate any damage to the silicone leaving the mask on for extended periods- or damage to the nose bridge with with weight of the added goggles + mask.
I've thought about this as well. Personally I like the look with the mask because it shows off the eyes better, but then it kind of defeats the purpose of having a life-like Anne figure.

My guess is that most people will display it one way and leave it that way forever.
Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:55 PM   #152
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao View Post
I've thought about this as well. Personally I like the look with the mask because it shows off the eyes better, but then it kind of defeats the purpose of having a life-like Anne figure.

My guess is that most people will display it one way and leave it that way forever.
I?ll probably leave it with mask off.

Just look at Queens Loki bust. Though it won?t be nearly as severe, the helmet could leave quite obvious impressions on the silicone.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:38 PM   #153
Chao
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I?ll probably leave it with mask off.

Just look at Queens Loki bust. Though it won?t be nearly as severe, the helmet could leave quite obvious impressions on the silicone.
I'd probably do the same if I got the bust.

Then I would have a free mask accessory to LARP around as Anne Hathaway Catwoman.
Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:17 AM   #154
ukshaun
Hercules

I wonder what impact, if any, the mask will have on the silicone if left in place for many years?

Something else i was wondering about, with regards to the silicone portrait. Is it 100% solid silicone, or is there a solid piece over which the silicone covers?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:41 AM   #155
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I wonder what impact, if any, the mask will have on the silicone if left in place for many years?

Something else i was wondering about, with regards to the silicone portrait. Is it 100% solid silicone, or is there a solid piece over which the silicone covers?
I would also like to know.

For my Queen Hulk bust the silicone head doesn?t move at all, so I?m guessing that while the silicone could be an inch thick if not more, its still got a solid inner core.

Whereas the head on my 1/2 scale Queen Aquaman feels like it?s 100% silicone as the head can wobble (probably not the right word) a bit when touched.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:49 AM   #156
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

It's possible that different companies might apply silicone differently to their products.

I doubt that any of the silicone headsculpts are hollow (per se) - excluding obvious cavities like eyes or open mouths.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:11 AM   #157
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:

Good question, JND Studio's do have 100% solid silicone headsculpts BTW.
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:42 AM   #158
Baronflash
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I would also like to know.

For my Queen Hulk bust the silicone head doesn?t move at all, so I?m guessing that while the silicone could be an inch thick if not more, its still got a solid inner core.

Whereas the head on my 1/2 scale Queen Aquaman feels like it?s 100% silicone as the head can wobble (probably not the right word) a bit when touched.
Queen studios have said in the past that their silicone life size busts have a polystone under structure.
Baronflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:58 AM   #159
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronflash View Post
Queen studios have said in the past that their silicone life size busts have a polystone under structure.
During one of their videos they show how they make a 1/3 scale silicone portrait, and it involves a mold filled with silicone.
If what you say is correct when it comes to life-size, i assume they somehow suspend a Polystone structure inside the mold thus allowing for the silicone to fill the remaining space. If that is the case, i wonder what the thickness is of the silicone layer? 1cm?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:07 AM   #160
Baronflash
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
During one of their videos they show how they make a 1/3 scale silicone portrait, and it involves a mold filled with silicone.
If what you say is correct when it comes to life-size, i assume they somehow suspend a Polystone structure inside the mold thus allowing for the silicone to fill the remaining space. If that is the case, i wonder what the thickness is of the silicone layer? 1cm?
I'm not sure. But did you see the video where they cut the nose off a defective hulk bust? The silicone looked fairly thick.
Baronflash is offline   Reply With Quote