Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 11-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #21
Royd
Producer
Producer

Great to see familiar faces at the Adelaide expo - Wrothy, Ryan, Alex, Luke, Song et al!

Loved the sketches/convention pieces I saw created for them including Wrothy's awesome Etrigan piece by Katie Cook, Alex's sweet Death piece by Katie plus pieces by Arthur for Alex, Rod and more! Also spotted a wonderful Silver Surfer which Wayne Nichols did for Shanan!

Arthur, Joyce, Katie, Andy and our talented Aussie creators all had a great time and created incredible work for the fans.

It was also wonderful to see so many friends pick up sketches from the Sketch-Off!! I was particularly impressed with Katie's output and fun captions for the pieces she produced at the session

Looking forward to Brisbane
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #22
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

T'was a great weekend indeed Royd! Was nice seeing familiar faces and making new friends for my part. Had the pleasure of seeing the sketch-off and the pieces being worked on by Art, and I have to say, very inspiring!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #23
Royd
Producer
Producer

The Supanova November 2014 Tour is over and I'm exhausted but delighted with how things went at the 2 shows (Adelaide and Brisbane).

Arthur Adams, Joyce Chin, Katie Cook, Andy Price and all our wonderful Aussie comics creators had a great time and all the fans I chatted with enjoyed meeting them and picking up sketches, prints, sketchbooks and getting books signed!

Thanks to everyone for contributing to a great show! Now I have to get some AMAZING artwork by Katie, Arthur and Andy to Wrothy and Jason
Old 12-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #24
Underdog07
Hercules

Wow the pictures you Australians have posted from these cons are Simply INCREDIBLE.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #25
Royd
Producer
Producer

LOL! I got back this afternoon from Brisbane and hope to scan my Arthur Adams Shanna bust (!) piece and Andy Price Shanna tomorrow.

I know that Rod posted pics of his Arthur Adams Storm piece to his Facebook page while Alex rarely posts pics of his acquisitions. I did see the Thor (Arthur Adams) and Death (Katie Cook) pieces which Alex obtained and they were both sweet!

It looks like Wrothy will be picking up his (and Shanan's) Katie Cook and Andy Price pieces from me tomorrow so hopefully you'll see scans soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Wow the pictures you Australians have posted from these cons are Simply INCREDIBLE.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #26
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
LOL! I got back this afternoon from Brisbane and hope to scan my Arthur Adams Shanna bust (!) piece and Andy Price Shanna tomorrow.

I know that Rod posted pics of his Arthur Adams Storm piece to his Facebook page while Alex rarely posts pics of his acquisitions. I did see the Thor (Arthur Adams) and Death (Katie Cook) pieces which Alex obtained and they were both sweet!

It looks like Wrothy will be picking up his (and Shanan's) Katie Cook and Andy Price pieces from me tomorrow so hopefully you'll see scans soon
Oi! Don't you be forgetting about the Art Adams piece!
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #27
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hahaha, I was hoping you'd forgotten about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
Oi! Don't you be forgetting about the Art Adams piece!
Old 12-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #28
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'd rather not see pictures lol, I don't wanna know what I missed out on :P
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #29
Royd
Producer
Producer

So sorry Ryan Arthur thought he would be able to fit in the additional requests but was unable to complete yours before the show closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrycon View Post
I'd rather not see pictures lol, I don't wanna know what I missed out on :P
Old 12-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #30
lordrycon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
So sorry Ryan Arthur thought he would be able to fit in the additional requests but was unable to complete yours before the show closed.
I'm only having a friendly jab Royd

I totally understand, no hard feelings at all. When you said it was depending on whether Arthur could fit it in I was praying he would but I also know he is not the fastest guy out there.

I'm sure i'll bump into him at some point, the chase is on!!!
lordrycon is offline   Reply With Quote