Phoenix

Tyler Hoechlin > Henry Cavill
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #22
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
They both should be recast. They’re both terrible in these roles. I’d recast everyone except Gal Gadot.
Exactly. Wait five years. Give Geoff Johns an actual job with autority. Recast with new and young faces. Stay away from political messages.

It's not that hard. I'm still amazed how they managed to burn it to the ground on the first go.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #23
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Tyler Hoechlin > Henry Cavill

It would appear that the red briefs are the secret ingredient for a good Superman.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #24
Gothamite
Phoenix

I'd love to see movies or a TV series set in the Injustice universe. The comics have been great.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:22 PM   #25
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
I'd love to see movies or a TV series set in the Injustice universe. The comics have been great.
While I agree that it's an interesting premise I don't think if I were running the structure of a DC shared Universe I'd go that far off course from the Main Comic Universe.

Matter of fact I think going off course is unfortunately what brought us to this place we're at with the fan base fairly divided.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:27 PM   #26
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Exactly. Wait five years. Give Geoff Johns an actual job with autority. Recast with new and young faces. Stay away from political messages.

It's not that hard. I'm still amazed how they managed to burn it to the ground on the first go.
While I love Geoff Johns from 2008 and before, I think he's experienced a drop off. If giving him reign over the films was a sure fire way to make sure all the characters remained true to modern comic counterparts and the story arc on course through the films I'd say do it, but at this point I don't know if that's him.

Also I think political messages are a part of comics, and have been since the 40's, but I also think it needs to fit the character. Certain subjects fit different characters better.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:33 PM   #27
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post

I’m not. Man of Steel was atrocious, considering the Superman we’ve all known for decades wasn’t in the film. The DCEU movies have been lame since MoS and Warner Bros deserves full blame for not making any changes to this point. How could JL have been anything but the train wreck that it was?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:00 PM   #28
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I’m not. Man of Steel was atrocious, considering the Superman we’ve all known for decades wasn’t in the film. The DCEU movies have been lame since MoS and Warner Bros deserves full blame for not making any changes to this point. How could JL have been anything but the train wreck that it was?
I don't really follow Superman, so I didn't see Man of Steel in theaters. One of my friends who's a bigger comics fan than I am saw it and told me that the movie portrayed Superman as someone who apparently has never known any happiness in life. Everything was just misery after misery after misery.

After I saw it on DVD, I agreed with my friend. What's the point of being Superman -- being able to fly and all the other things -- if one just mopes constantly?

I wasn't even bothered by Superman killing Zod. (Did people forget that Superman killed the other Kryptonians in Superman II?) If Superman were as miserable as depicted in Man of Steel, maybe he should've just killed himself instead.

I'm serious about Hoechlin being better than Cavill, though he also has the benefit of better-written scripts. I hated the other movies showing Superman turning back time by reverse-rotating the Earth, wiping Lois's mind, etc.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:22 AM   #29
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
I don't really follow Superman, so I didn't see Man of Steel in theaters. One of my friends who's a bigger comics fan than I am saw it and told me that the movie portrayed Superman as someone who apparently has never known any happiness in life. Everything was just misery after misery after misery.

After I saw it on DVD, I agreed with my friend. What's the point of being Superman -- being able to fly and all the other things -- if one just mopes constantly?

I wasn't even bothered by Superman killing Zod. (Did people forget that Superman killed the other Kryptonians in Superman II?) If Superman were as miserable as depicted in Man of Steel, maybe he should've just killed himself instead.

I'm serious about Hoechlin being better than Cavill, though he also has the benefit of better-written scripts. I hated the other movies showing Superman turning back time by reverse-rotating the Earth, wiping Lois's mind, etc.
Superman II isn't exactly a shining example of a well thought out Superman movie either, though while the Kryptonians are pushed into the depths of the Fortress of solitude we actually don't know what happens to them. I do agree with some of the ridiculous things that happened in the Donner films though, especially the memory erasing kiss.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #30
adee
Green Arrow

The way Superman was crafted along with the Lex miscasting were my biggest hang ups with the DC movies. I think Cavill was a fine choice but his Superman lost a lot of it's charm.

Not having the dichotomy of Kent and that relationship between him and Lois made him feel less like Superman to me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote