Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-29-2021, 08:28 AM   #1251
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
If you use Besta frames that are either 2 or 3 cubes tall, you can adjust the shelves, obviously to almost any position you like, if you don't need to worry about doors. But even with doors, you have some wiggle room. I have two cube tall frames, and the upper cube has in internal height of 25" exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Well that's interesting, I just measured the inside of my besta and it's under 23". 22 3/4 to be exact.

Math says she doesn't fit but pics says she does....

Mine are the straight besta shelves, not adjustable. I don't see how she fits at 24" on a 22 3/4 space :shrugs:
In case you missed it....
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:08 AM   #1252
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
In case you missed it....
I guess it depends on what type of unit you own?

Mine are the individual besta squares, they come seperate or as a pair of two. There's no shelf to adjust, they are a flat static size each.

Like this, I'll attach an image of what I mean: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/besta-f...hite-30245850/

I suspect this might be where the confusion is coming from or maybe that are differently sized here in Canada lol I see what you are saying with the large/tall units, you can adjust the doors slightly to accomodate a higher or lower shelf. I didn't take the OPs question as such but maybe that's what they are asking and that's the unit they have, for me, she wouldn't fit.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:08 AM   #1253
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I guess it depends on what type of unit you own?

Mine are the individual besta squares, they come seperate or as a pair of two. There's no shelf to adjust, they are a flat static size each.

Like this, I'll attach an image of what I mean: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/besta-f...hite-30245850/

I suspect this might be where the confusion is coming from or maybe that are differently sized here in Canada lol I see what you are saying with the large/tall units, you can adjust the doors slightly to accomodate a higher or lower shelf. I didn't take the OPs question as such but maybe that's what they are asking and that's the unit they have, for me, she wouldn't fit.
Correct. :-)

And just to clarify, you can't adjust the doors, but the frames on the doors are thick enough, that if you adjust the shelf one notch up or down, it'll still be visually blocked by the door frame an not look weird.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:09 AM   #1254
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Correct. :-)

And just to clarify, you can't adjust the doors, but the frames on the doors are thick enough, that if you adjust the shelf one notch up or down, it'll still be visually blocked by the door frame an not look weird.
Right, guess I misspoke but we are on the same page
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:56 PM   #1255
coolbear
Justice League

Thank you for the replies! In fact I'm considering getting a Besta with multiple squares to put some 1/4 SS statues I recently got, so adjusting the shelves might be necessary for the X-23.

Another option I'm considering is a Moducase (DF or Max line) but I'm not yet sold on that given the much higher price + delivery time.
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:50 PM   #1256
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbear View Post
Thank you for the replies! In fact I'm considering getting a Besta with multiple squares to put some 1/4 SS statues I recently got, so adjusting the shelves might be necessary for the X-23.

Another option I'm considering is a Moducase (DF or Max line) but I'm not yet sold on that given the much higher price + delivery time.
Might I just say, that people are blown away by my moducase display. It requires zero dusting year round since the statues are fully enclosed as well. The Warm White light also creates a light source that means I don't have to turn on any other lights when I work in my office. I also worked with Brian (Moducase) to design a bookshelf cavity and drawers to hold spare parts and art supplies. He now sells these as add-ons. They're awesome!

I know they are more expensive, but it's like buying statues. They really do elevate the entire display and all of our guests appreciate the entire image much more than a display arrangement with statues everywhere. Our hobby shouldn't stress you and your family out due to a hoard-ish or messy display. This display and the cleanliness brings me joy and peace. Also, did I mention zero dusting?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Display.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	436.5 KB
ID:	144112  
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:32 PM   #1257
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Might I just say, that people are blown away by my moducase display. It requires zero dusting year round since the statues are fully enclosed as well. The Warm White light also creates a light source that means I don't have to turn on any other lights when I work in my office. I also worked with Brian (Moducase) to design a bookshelf cavity and drawers to hold spare parts and art supplies. He now sells these as add-ons. They're awesome!

I know they are more expensive, but it's like buying statues. They really do elevate the entire display and all of our guests appreciate the entire image much more than a display arrangement with statues everywhere. Our hobby shouldn't stress you and your family out due to a hoard-ish or messy display. This display and the cleanliness brings me joy and peace. Also, did I mention zero dusting?
They do look nice but shipping right now would be killer!
Would cost me $15,000 to do my collection..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:57 PM   #1258
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Oof that would definitely put my display order on hold too. That's absurd. But you wouldn't receive them for a year or so anyway. Not sure if that helps. I ordered this display about a year and a half ago and it came in January. It was around $3.5k shipped. I'm sure their prices have gone up a bit and shipping is madness, but you should try to order during their black friday deals next year, if the global shipping climate has cooled a bit.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:27 PM   #1259
coolbear
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post

Thank you for sharing the photo, it's not so common to see Moducases with white interior.
I actually considered the white interior with silver frames, rumor has it that it might even ship quicker (if it's in stock) giving the demand for silver ones might not be so high.

I wonder which series do you have. Are those Max140s?
I'm considering getting 2 Max 140 (horizontal) to fit a total of 11 or 12 1/4 statues (3 are actually 1/5 scale).
Maybe a DF120 might fit, not sure yet.

Lastly, did you buy straight from Moducase or other places like specfiction or cosmic chase?
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote