Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 11-05-2021, 09:46 AM   #231
Shoo
Hercules

One last thing. Looks like her arms are made of some kind of translucent resin. I'm aware there probably was some harsh light on the show where these pics were taken, but could we please have some reassurance that under normal lighting conditions there will be no noticeable difference between the tone on her arms and that of her face?

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:59 AM   #232
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
Thanks for keeping the discussion going guys. Good to see appreciation for our hard work and thought process behind the piece, dw16. We are working hard with Stanley to ensure the definitive Chun-Li statue from concept to final QC. Rest assured.

Just FYI, this weekend is the final weekend. After which, orders will be closed for good.
Thank you for communicating with collectors and having a presence here.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:24 AM   #233
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

Quote:
Yes we already closed orders for retailers. Sideshow is tallying orders now
Thanks, I thought I have more time. Guess I will have to get my order in. Thanks again for the quick response. Cheers
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:45 AM   #234
Yellowbeast
The Herculoids

Thought I have more time. Don't want to miss out on this beauty. Just PO and now the long wait.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:55 PM   #235
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

[QUOTE=Shoo;5998530]One last thing. Looks like her arms are made of some kind of translucent resin. I'm aware there probably was some harsh light on the show where these pics were taken, but could we please have some reassurance that under normal lighting conditions there will be no noticeable difference between the tone on her arms and that of her face?

Yep that's the goal. Consistent tone with her face and arms but do note that she has make up so it may appear tad lighter than the arms
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #236
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Yep that's the goal. Consistent tone with her face and arms but do note that she has make up so it may appear tad lighter than the arms
Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Thank you for communicating with collectors and having a presence here.
Indeed!
Old 11-05-2021, 01:54 PM   #237
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Do you have to do a flex payment for her on Sideshow? Maybe I'm just tired but it seems like the only option. I just want to do the non refundable deposit and pay the rest when she ships.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:55 PM   #238
dw316
Justice League

Oh wow, are these photos recent? I must've missed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
One last thing. Looks like her arms are made of some kind of translucent resin. I'm aware there probably was some harsh light on the show where these pics were taken, but could we please have some reassurance that under normal lighting conditions there will be no noticeable difference between the tone on her arms and that of her face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
I agree with you on her clothing. For some reason many folks are obsessed over fabric texture on resin statues, even though silk doesn't have that sort of texture.

If you are in the continental US, Spec Fiction offers free shipping while Kinetiquettes charges 200 USD. I was initially thinking about that art print but the total cost difference was a bit high for me to consider buying direct.
Oh wow, I didn't realize that... no tax, free shipping, consider me sold! Thanks!
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 05:39 PM   #239
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw316 View Post
Oh wow, are these photos recent? I must've missed it!
They were already posted in June, taken in Shanghai. The fact her arms and face didn't match made me a bit nervous then, as that reminds me of some DC Direct pieces which also used translucent resin, with a result I never found very pleasing.

At least those pics are better that what could be seen on these screenshots below. Again, I take it lighting plays a big part.

Spoiler

Old 11-05-2021, 09:35 PM   #240
dw316
Justice League

Ah, I see what you mean. A little too translucent makes her look like she's glowing like Iron Man 3

dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote