Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-29-2021, 08:55 AM   #81
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Arwen makes a lot of sense

Tauriel would be a great companion to legolas, the elves are just cool in general IMO
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:56 AM   #82
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Arwen makes a lot of sense

Tauriel would be a great companion to legolas, the elves are just cool in general IMO
A Thranduil would be amazing also!
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 03:12 PM   #83
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
A Thranduil would be amazing also!
Yep, Weta's piece looked pretty look but think it's a much smaller scale, despite the whole thing being pretty large
Old 12-03-2021, 02:04 PM   #84
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Looking @ the silicone head, I think his face looks Fat. I think the likeness on the PVC face is more Elvin (angular). I prefer the PVC face, but I like that rooted hair... UGH...

Does anyone else think the silicone face looks fat?
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:22 PM   #85
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
Looking @ the silicone head, I think his face looks Fat. I think the likeness on the PVC face is more Elvin (angular). I prefer the PVC face, but I like that rooted hair... UGH...

No. I think you might be seeing distorted / angled images. I would imagine the PVC and Silicone sculpt are derived from the same source.

In fact, I did the "wife test""......this is where I ask my wife, who has no interest in statues or art, to name the actor. Her response was immediate - "he's that guy from Pirates of the Caribbean".

SOLD - not only did she instantly see Orlando Bloom, she even picked him out from a different franchise.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:03 PM   #86
generalszabo

Quote:

I don't think so, but there may be slight differences as the materials are different. I like the dynamic hair of the pvc but it's obviously not as realistic. But there's no futzing and it will always look as intended
Old 12-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #87
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'd be happy with either - or both......I'm even thinking of getting the Prime1 pieces :s
Old 12-04-2021, 07:29 AM   #88
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I don't think so, but there may be slight differences as the materials are different. I like the dynamic hair of the pvc but it's obviously not as realistic. But there's no futzing and it will always look as intended
I think I agree about the hair, no fuzzing & no worries about silicone care... I'm leaning towards the PVC version, but I will think on it some more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'd be happy with either - or both......I'm even thinking of getting the Prime1 pieces :s
I definitely want to get the Prime1 Sauron. It looks Epic! And I'm loving the look of that Infinity Nazgul bust! No silicone face, so I assume the price point will be lower than the DC pieces...
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:42 AM   #89
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I definitely want to get the Prime1 Sauron. It looks Epic! And I'm loving the look of that Infinity Nazgul bust! No silicone face, so I assume the price point will be lower than the DC pieces...
I'm not sure that the price will be less. From the video, it looks like they have put serious effort into detailing the armour underneath the robes. Does this justify a price point similar or higher than the D.C. pieces? I would say not.....but then, we're assuming material is what is driving pricing....maybe it's other factors, such as desirability, licencing costs. Plus, that sword, I assume, is an actual sword!!!! Even if they make it out of stainless steel, it's still a sword.....
Old 12-06-2021, 10:05 AM   #90
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Ended up pulling the trigger on the PVC version. My wife was really pushing for the silicone, but I couldn't get past how greasy/shiny it looks in some of the photos.

This should go really well with the P1 Sauron. The 1/3 scale Sauron (108 cm) is almost the exact same size as this 1/2 scale Legolas (104 cm).
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote