Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-20-2019, 11:50 AM   #121
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Does anyone actually like MK11 and not mind the woke crap? My interest in MK is rooted purely in arcade era nostalgia - never cared for the slo-mo bone fracturing animations, in fact it ruins the flow of the game.

I just don't get fans of pop culture who conitnue following a property even when it's long been transformed into something entirely different, beneath the surface.
I have the MK prior to the lastest MK on the PS4, and i have to admit, i prefer MK3 with its 2D action and Photo-real sprites

From the beginning, what separated MK from SF, was it's photo-real characters. Maybe someday, MK will return to its roots, and offer 3D characters that look photo-real, as the technology exists already.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:02 PM   #122
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Does anyone actually like MK11 and not mind the woke crap? My interest in MK is rooted purely in arcade era nostalgia - never cared for the slo-mo bone fracturing animations, in fact it ruins the flow of the game.

I just don't get fans of pop culture who conitnue following a property even when it's long been transformed into something entirely different, beneath the surface.
I understand things change with each generation as tastes vary. In that case I step away and focus on what I enjoy. My only issue is when companies disparage older fans like they are ashamed of us when in many cases only reason the IP exists are those old fans.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #123
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:

My feelings are just like yours. I still enjoy playing the first 3. Loved 1 and 2 because of arcades growing up. I stopped caring after 3 but I understand the continued appeal of the franchise. I always thought the slo-mo stuff reminded me of the kill cam in the Sniper Elite/Nazi Zombie series. As for the woke stuff in games. I don't care what deveopers do as long as they don't go parading around saying "look at me? did I do good?"
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:33 PM   #124
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

wonder when a statue of this character will be made...the only official statue was the 1/6 one made by S**o Collectibles...the 1/4 scale by the same company got scrapped...but i did see one being sold on ebay many years ago...maybe it was the prototype when that whole scandal came out.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #125
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I could never go back to playing the older games. I can't stand bad graphics now. So I'm all for the changes that make it look better.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:40 AM   #126
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I could never go back to playing the older games. I can't stand bad graphics now. So I'm all for the changes that make it look better.
16 bit era has aged well for me so playing MK 1-3 is fine, but I never go back to MK 4 as that PS1/N64 era has aged the worse for me.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:44 AM   #127
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
16 bit era has aged well for me so playing MK 1-3 is fine, but I never go back to MK 4 as that PS1/N64 era has aged the worse for me.
You are right about that.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:40 PM   #128
Jiggatron69
Hydra

I just want a Mk 9 Sonya. Thats the best one to me
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #129
Augen
The Hulk

Upcoming Mortal Kombat film casting has a Sonya.

Jessica McNamee
Old 08-28-2019, 03:20 PM   #130
ukshaun
Hercules

A new Mortal Kombat film?
Great news!

But will it be any good? (fingers crossed)

Jessica McNamee looks good!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote