Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-10-2015, 01:42 AM   #521
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
Now I see why you assume he was angry...
Agreed, reading the convo I don't see how it could be conveyed as rude, angry or anything of the sort.
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 02:30 AM   #522
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Hey Magnum, please don't get so worked up and let's work this through together.

Firstly, about returns or issues found on products - we do take this very seriously. Every time a piece is found not up to standard means a lapse in our QC which we will review and improve. However, with the recent crack down on XM selling out of our approved zones, we are tasked by greater powers to manage our distributors and resellers better so we need to know who the original buyers/sellers are.

Here's an example; an eligible customer bought from us say Captain America Statue and displayed it for 2 months, then decide to sell it off (maybe to fund another character he prefers) to an overseas collector, reasonable situation yes?

Now when the overseas collector receives it and if the package arrives damaged, they should claim from their insurance or the original seller instead of writing to XM and asking for replacement, fair? If goods are moved from hands to hands, XM cannot be responsible for those situations indefinitely (it's like life time replacement warranty which isn't practical). This is why XM needs to know who is the original buyer i.e. the invoice that shows who bought our statues are technically our direct customer not the further down the line of secondary or third buyers.

Another real case example, our QC team has shared with me that Magneto's helmet needs to be packed in a secure manner to avoid damage during shipping. That's why we also included packing instructions which we believe helps collectors remember how to pack their products securely. Yet when secondary or third in hand collectors received a badly packed Magneto, they will email XM asking for an exchange. I hope you guys understand XM needs to be accountable to the original buyer, not the secondary or third buyers or else our business will be going in circles replacing items which aren't our fault or QC issues in the first place.

So when we ask where did you get your products from, it's also a check for us to identify any retailers who aren't doing their job properly. If we find huge number of complaints pointing towards the same distributor, it tells us something doesn't it? (helps us identify the flipper too!)

If retailers are selling our products on our behalf, they should have some shared accountability when it comes to Customer service and exchanges. That is what Seng meant. If Distributor A sold John the statue, John should go back to Distributor A instead of going straight to XM. To be fair, this is a common process with lots of products. You bring the issues to the store you bought it from first instead of the manufacturer directly.

So for your Wolverine issue, you should raise it with the person you bought it from first, and that person (whom XM recognize as the direct customer) will then get in touch with us. I hope this explains why Seng asked who did you get your products from? Yes, it will take more time but so far we have always tried our very best to make sure all collectors are fairly treated. If it's a manufacturing fault, XM will definitely replace but we all just need to go through the proper channels.

As for your perception of Seng being rude - not trying to find an excuse but its true Seng really isn't the Customer Service Rep you'd find in premium hotels or fancy restaurants. He's just trying to help out sometimes on Facebook and you can see English is not his first language so I agree sometimes his response may not come across as being Customer service oriented.

We have about 4-5 people in XM now, it's like 1 person takes care of one task and the customer service rep is jointly taken care of by myself, Ben and Seng. It's not the most effective way for sure and is one of the first thing I'd fix when I start spending more time at XM (1st Aug onwards). So we will improve this part definitely. On this topic, I'm looking for a likeable Customer Service Rep who resembles Mrs Marvel - if anyone here from Singapore fits the bill, please PM me! But even then we will still be far from being a big corporate. It takes time to get there folks, Rome isn't built in a day so please bear with us awhile

Lastly, about your collaboration with Ben/XM. Contrary to what most believe, Ben or Seng don't call the shots - I do.

Ok I wish! Truth is no one man calls 'the shot'. It's a democracy and the boys all get together to decide on certain things, especially when it comes to official collaborations, paperwork or contracts etc. I think you had a few discussions with Ben privately on doing up posters for us and it is true that Ben was interested in it but I don't think he made any promises to you. If he did and there's something you are owed, please PM me with the details - I'm in charge of contracts so I will ensure you are fairly treated.

Magnum, for the record, I saw some of your work and they are cool. Keep on doing the cool stuff. I'll discuss more with Ben on this and see if there are ways we can collaborate with you - with proper documented process of course
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:07 AM   #523
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Dunno, I say some people are crazy and a bit out of touch with reality.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:49 AM   #524
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restinpieces View Post
Agreed, reading the convo I don't see how it could be conveyed as rude, angry or anything of the sort.
Yep, it´s just the way a company must work.

If Ben, Ang or Bryan do a replacement himself with privat contact it´s much more
work. It goes the normal way over the seller and then to XM, and back.

All company´s do it like that.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:16 AM   #525
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Shorudan,

When is Medusa coloured prototype being shown? Getting extremely close to PO date. thanks
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:29 AM   #526
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Hey Magnum, please don't get so worked up and let's work this through together.

Firstly, about returns or issues found on products - we do take this very seriously. Every time a piece is found not up to standard means a lapse in our QC which we will review and improve. However, with the recent crack down on XM selling out of our approved zones, we are tasked by greater powers to manage our distributors and resellers better so we need to know who the original buyers/sellers are.

Here's an example; an eligible customer bought from us say Captain America Statue and displayed it for 2 months, then decide to sell it off (maybe to fund another character he prefers) to an overseas collector, reasonable situation yes?

Now when the overseas collector receives it and if the package arrives damaged, they should claim from their insurance or the original seller instead of writing to XM and asking for replacement, fair? If goods are moved from hands to hands, XM cannot be responsible for those situations indefinitely (it's like life time replacement warranty which isn't practical). This is why XM needs to know who is the original buyer i.e. the invoice that shows who bought our statues are technically our direct customer not the further down the line of secondary or third buyers.

Another real case example, our QC team has shared with me that Magneto's helmet needs to be packed in a secure manner to avoid damage during shipping. That's why we also included packing instructions which we believe helps collectors remember how to pack their products securely. Yet when secondary or third in hand collectors received a badly packed Magneto, they will email XM asking for an exchange. I hope you guys understand XM needs to be accountable to the original buyer, not the secondary or third buyers or else our business will be going in circles replacing items which aren't our fault or QC issues in the first place.

So when we ask where did you get your products from, it's also a check for us to identify any retailers who aren't doing their job properly. If we find huge number of complaints pointing towards the same distributor, it tells us something doesn't it? (helps us identify the flipper too!)

If retailers are selling our products on our behalf, they should have some shared accountability when it comes to Customer service and exchanges. That is what Seng meant. If Distributor A sold John the statue, John should go back to Distributor A instead of going straight to XM. To be fair, this is a common process with lots of products. You bring the issues to the store you bought it from first instead of the manufacturer directly.

So for your Wolverine issue, you should raise it with the person you bought it from first, and that person (whom XM recognize as the direct customer) will then get in touch with us. I hope this explains why Seng asked who did you get your products from? Yes, it will take more time but so far we have always tried our very best to make sure all collectors are fairly treated. If it's a manufacturing fault, XM will definitely replace but we all just need to go through the proper channels.

As for your perception of Seng being rude - not trying to find an excuse but its true Seng really isn't the Customer Service Rep you'd find in premium hotels or fancy restaurants. He's just trying to help out sometimes on Facebook and you can see English is not his first language so I agree sometimes his response may not come across as being Customer service oriented.

We have about 4-5 people in XM now, it's like 1 person takes care of one task and the customer service rep is jointly taken care of by myself, Ben and Seng. It's not the most effective way for sure and is one of the first thing I'd fix when I start spending more time at XM (1st Aug onwards). So we will improve this part definitely. On this topic, I'm looking for a likeable Customer Service Rep who resembles Mrs Marvel - if anyone here from Singapore fits the bill, please PM me! But even then we will still be far from being a big corporate. It takes time to get there folks, Rome isn't built in a day so please bear with us awhile

Lastly, about your collaboration with Ben/XM. Contrary to what most believe, Ben or Seng don't call the shots - I do.

Ok I wish! Truth is no one man calls 'the shot'. It's a democracy and the boys all get together to decide on certain things, especially when it comes to official collaborations, paperwork or contracts etc. I think you had a few discussions with Ben privately on doing up posters for us and it is true that Ben was interested in it but I don't think he made any promises to you. If he did and there's something you are owed, please PM me with the details - I'm in charge of contracts so I will ensure you are fairly treated.

Magnum, for the record, I saw some of your work and they are cool. Keep on doing the cool stuff. I'll discuss more with Ben on this and see if there are ways we can collaborate with you - with proper documented process of course
im seeing this quality control/damage replacement problem as a real headache in the future for both XM and the flippers/middlemen
in this case XM is completely in the right
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #527
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Dunno, I say some people are crazy and a bit out of touch with reality.
I'd say quite a few.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:17 AM   #528
darth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yowza, looks like I missed out on some fun.
darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:19 AM   #529
wanderlai
The Tick

Will Dr Strange be bumping something else out of the po lineup? It looks closer than some of the other upcoming stuff.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #530
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I think your being overly sensitive as well MagnusOpus. This is not your girlfriend your communicating with. And I'm assuming English is a second language for both of you which probably doesn't help.

And yes, they are a premium product but that still doesn't mean you don't follow the appropriate channels. I.e. Go to the reseller first.

From your pics, it looks minor and an easy fix, so personally I'd have just glued it back in place and have been happy to have been able to score one in the first place.
What happened? Claws pop out? If so, those don't even need to be glued in. They just pop right in.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote