Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #771
built2shred
Phoenix

Even though Thor's arms are not solid, it's still pretty thick..... I wouldn't call XM Egg Shell thin, but there has been examples of other companies which we shall not name who's statues are egg shell thin....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #772
HBK83
The Avengers

Sorry if this has been answered many times before, but what is the best way to go about getting xm statues in North America? Shops that take pre-orders or people that can obtain them?
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:57 PM   #773
Thor57
Teen Titans

Ebay.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:28 AM   #774
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Not sure if this question should be posted here or elsewhere, but more of just a wondering thought.

Before the initial hold on the X-Men line, did XM release any info about any other characters getting produced aside from cable and the sentinel dio?
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:34 AM   #775
Thor57
Teen Titans

Deadpool.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #776
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Crud forgot about dp. Thanks for the reminder
Old 11-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #777
built2shred
Phoenix

I have a weight question...

on XM Captain America box it says

NW 7.88kg = 17.4 lbs
GW 14.58kg = 32.2 lbs

which is the correct weight for the statue in the box? I'm thinking it's the net weight at 17.4 lbs..
Old 12-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #778
IzeroI

The actual statue itself is 17.4lbs
Old 12-11-2015, 02:18 AM   #779
built2shred
Phoenix

XM Female Faces

I noticed several conversations going on in various threads about the Female Faces..

I think I agree with a lot of people that XM nails the male faces, lots of details and a lot of depth to the male portraits.

But the Females faces have a very flat porcelain doll like faces, they don't have a lot of depth or detail to them like the male faces. They have gotten a little better with Ms. Marvel and She Hulk but IMO there still not quite to the same level as the male faces... This is probably why there is such a demand for aftermarket female portraits... The Phoenix custom portrait sold out really fast..

As for the bodies and poses I think XM is doing an awesome job there, they just need to work on the female faces...
Old 12-11-2015, 02:33 AM   #780
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I noticed several conversations going on in various threads about the Female Faces..

I think I agree with a lot of people that XM nails the male faces, lots of details and a lot of depth to the male portraits.

But the Females faces have a very flat porcelain doll like faces, they don't have a lot of depth or detail to them like the male faces. They have gotten a little better with Ms. Marvel and She Hulk but IMO there still not quite to the same level as the male faces... This is probably why there is such a demand for aftermarket female portraits... The Phoenix custom portrait sold out really fast..

As for the bodies and poses I think XM is doing an awesome job there, they just need to work on the female faces...
Valid points buddy. I now have some female face talents to search for! Anyone knows anyone?
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote