Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2022, 02:24 PM   #521
Python
Omega Red
 
Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,040
That looks awesome!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 03:26 PM   #522
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Max Shreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Wow what a difference! The vein work is outstanding. Still can't stand the dread casting but the paint on the actual face is so improved the dreads don't catch the eyes as much. Congratulations!
Thanks so much. Yes, tbh I didn't wanna touch the dreads, because they aren't the focus of the bust but an artistic representation of them. Thanks again, very kind.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 03:28 PM   #523
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Max Shreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
That looks awesome!
Thanks so much. Especially coming from such Predator aficionado.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 09:11 AM   #524
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 4,102
question for all the CoolKids.

There's a local convention by me and i was thinking about having R. David Smith sign my CoolProps Predator 2 Bust.

R. David Smith is the stunt man that played the Predator in the wide shots after Harrigan chopped off the Predator's left arm on the side of the building before crashing into Grandma and Grandapop bathroom.







He's one of the few people ever credited to play a Stan Winston Predator and the scenes he is in are very identifiable due to his left arm. What do you guys think? I think im gonna do it.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 10:33 AM   #525
qz33
Rescue
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
question for all the CoolKids.

There's a local convention by me and i was thinking about having R. David Smith sign my CoolProps Predator 2 Bust.

R. David Smith is the stunt man that played the Predator in the wide shots after Harrigan chopped off the Predator's left arm on the side of the building before crashing into Grandma and Grandapop bathroom.


He's one of the few people ever credited to play a Stan Winston Predator and the scenes he is in are very identifiable due to his left arm. What do you guys think? I think im gonna do it.
Don't forget to ask him to date it. That was a great idea Weller told you about.
Wish I'd always been doing it when I got signatures.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 10:40 AM   #526
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 4,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Don't forget to ask him to date it. That was a great idea Weller told you about.
Wish I'd always been doing it when I got signatures.
you think i should get him to sign it? Even though he's a stunt actor with a solid amount of identifiable screen time?

my brother thinks i shouldn't do it. His logic is if it was KPH - 100% but not thus guy. he thinks it will devalue it, i dont think so, won't appreciate it, and I kinda like the scenes with the 1-Armed Predator.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 10:51 AM   #527
qz33
Rescue
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
you think i should get him to sign it? Even though he's a stunt actor with a sold amount of screen time?

my brother thinks i shouldn't do it. His logic is if it was KPH - 100% but not thus guy. he thinks it will devalue it, i dont think so, won't appreciate it, and I kinda like the scenes with the 1-Armed Predator.
Yeah. Before even the Special Editions the guy that played Boba Fett came to a LCS along with some of the other in "the suit" guys whose faces are never known.

This was way before all the con craze. People then though they were a bunch of losers. Got him to sign an ESB poster with Boba's head. Years later now that he's gone TREMENDOUSLY added to the value. I wouldn't sell it and it still hangs framed on my wall till this day as the ONLY piece of pop culture art I have displayed outside of my designated area, where anyone can see it.

Legit signatures always enhance something
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 10:07 AM   #528
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 4,102
I just saw that Danny Glover will be at Chiller Theater in Parsippany, NJ in October.




I think i'm gonna have R. David Smith sign the left side of the bust and Danny Glover sign the right side of the bust...where it's painted flat black. These were the two actors that faced off in the final battle in the Predator ship. I think these signatures would be good to get on this awesome bust. When Danny Glover was there like 7-8 years ago he looked REALLY old dude is now like 77, this may be my last chance.

thoughts?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 10:25 AM   #529
Halcyon
New Republic
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,488
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Don't forget to ask him to date it. That was a great idea Weller told you about.
Wish I'd always been doing it when I got signatures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I think i'm gonna have R. David Smith sign the left side of the bust and Danny Glover sign the right side of the bust...where it's painted flat black. These were the two actors that faced off in the final battle in the Predator ship.
Also use a (tested) fineline marker with good color contrast compared to black.

Blue is not the best color. Many use silver or white. But for predator maybe red is more appealing, but don't know if red tends to fades a bit over time on black?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 10:31 AM   #530
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club
 
The SHOGUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Harlem
Posts: 4,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Also use a (tested) fineline marker with good color contrast compared to black.

Blue is not the best color. Many use silver or white. But for predator maybe red is more appealing, but don't know if red tends to fades a bit over time on black?
Red does sound cool, but i have to look for one of those Red Sharpie paint markers.

I was thinking about having him sign with the traditional silver Sharpie paint marker. but Red is a good suggestion.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com