Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #11
Brru
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Well I definately didn't know the numbers. I think its interesting that the small areas seem to be having trouble keeping it stocked while the big areas don't have any issue. Maybe it has more to do with the individual companies. Wal-mart being the case they've decided the small town can't support 50 of them? Thats pretty screwed up if its true. I just don't understand the diversity. Why does it seem like everyone in a small town wants one, but nobody in a big city does. Is your wal-mart the only supplier of the wii in your area? Cause honestly I have 5 that I can think of within a few miles of me. Not sure if that may be the case.

In all I really don't believe its a popularity issue. I hate to make anyone that loves it mad, but thats the way I feel. Nintendo may be cranking them out, but somewhere its getting bottlenecked bad if this is an issue.
Brru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #12
Spatial.Archite
U talkin' to me?

I doubt retailers are holding them in their warehouses; Nintendo ships them to the stores directly. With PS3s or Xbox 360s they first go to the distribution centers, then are dispersed to individual stores. The Wiis come directly through Fed Ex or UPS like new release games. Basically Nintendo's cutting out the middle-man and shipping them directly to stores... I honestly believe they're trying to get as many units out as quickly as possible.

As I said, we're a small area store, we have a local population of around 7,000 in this town and none of the surrounding areas are any larger. We'll get a shipment of 20 Wiis in, and they'll be gone in minutes. As for our area, we're not the only supplier, there's a few others, but we're by far the largest. I can tell you it's the same all around here; Battle Creek, Ft. Wayne, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids... all larger cities and you'd be hard pressed to find one anywhere.

Though I do believe that Nintendo has to find a way to either hold some back, or stock up for Christmas. Most likely they'll release more colors this Christmas and with some of the heavy hitting games coming out before the end of the year, demand is going to rise.
Spatial.Archite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:05 PM   #13
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

If the Wii doesn't start having some more and better games being made then it will fizzle fast.

Plus the graphics just suck.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:24 AM   #14
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
If the Wii doesn't start having some more and better games being made then it will fizzle fast.

Plus the graphics just suck.
yeah, coz graphics alone are what makes games 'fun'
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #15
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsquid View Post
yeah, coz graphics alone are what makes games 'fun'
I agree, I mean, my most played games on the 360 right now are the Live games: Catan, motherfracking PAC-MAN!! (awesome game), Geometry War and occasionally Assault Heroes.. All without the brightest and most up-to date graphics. I'm a little burned out on FPS's also..

Man I can't wait to get the Wii this weekand!
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #16
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan View Post
I agree, I mean, my most played games on the 360 right now are the Live games: Catan, motherfracking PAC-MAN!! (awesome game), Geometry War and occasionally Assault Heroes.. All without the brightest and most up-to date graphics. I'm a little burned out on FPS's also..

Man I can't wait to get the Wii this weekand!
What makes you think you'll get a Wii this weekend? I just finished doing my usual town sweep for a Wii and came up empty again. I'm really getting tired of seeing that empty shelf next to the Wii games.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #17
Justin
Jedi Order

It really sucks that you guys who want a Wii cant get one.

Your going to have a ball when you finally get your hands on one!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #18
Relic Reaper
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brru View Post
Well I definately didn't know the numbers. I think its interesting that the small areas seem to be having trouble keeping it stocked while the big areas don't have any issue.

I don't know about that. I can tell you that here in Miami (and South Florida in general), it's still a bear to try and snag one. I got one for Christmas and my sister-in-law had been looking for one feverishly since then and was finally able to find a little over a month ago. The TRU's around here have told me they get about 20 per shipment (roughly every other week) and there are lines before the store opens every time.
Relic Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote