Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 06-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
xXx
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Naruto

I just recently started watching anime, started watching Bleach than Death Note, until a friend told me about Naruto, At first look, I thought it was too kiddie looking, but, Man, after watching the first two seasons on DVD, I can't get enough of the little guy. I picked up season three on the bay, so can't wait for that to come in. I see that it's on the cartoon network, but I don't know how far advance it is. Does anyone know how far the story has gone on for? How many seasons total? I see seasons 8 and 9 coming out later this year, does anyone know if there is much of difference between the japanese versions and the uncut dvd versions here in the U.S.?
xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think the Japanese versions are the same as the US uncut DVD's but with different region settings. I could be wrong though.

I just recently started watching Naruto as well. It's a good show and the fight scenes are awesome! I bought the uncut US DVD box sets at Best Buy. At the time they had volumes 1-8.

(spoiler alert)

I finished all of it and it was only up to the Chunin exams and the invasion of Konoha (Leaf Village) by the Sand Village where Naruto fights Gaara. To be honest the US dvd box sets are over priced and they are seriously milking this anime. I mean per DVD volume box set only has about 15- 17 episodes which sells for $49. When you reach Volume 8, which I think is the latest volume available, it's not even 1/4 of the entire Naruto series.

Naruto ended already and continued with Naruto Shippuden where the characters are around 3 years older. Naruto leaves the Hidden Leaf Village to train with Jiraiya and returns after 2 and a half years...and still searching for their comrade Sasuke who joined Orochimaru to train and become stronger to able to kill his older brother, Itachi Uchiha who is a member of the Akatsuke.

Actually you can watch the latest episodes of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden in Youtube.com
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
Prosquad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I don't know what season they are on for the show on cartoon network. There is a good naruto website that has a listing of all the episodes. I started watching the subbed version of the show and then when the english version caught up to where i was at in the subbed version i started watching it in english instead. I prefer the subbed version but don't feel like reading and watching at the same time. I know the shows on cartoon network are past episode # 150.
Prosquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
xXx

Just finished watching seasons 3 and 4, man I just can't get enough of this show. really looking forward to watching season 5. I can't stop laughing everytime I see Rock Lee, he reminds me of a Gumby Character, hopefully after what happened to him at the end of season 4, he still makes a come back somehow.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:36 AM   #5
lona
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Dunno about you guys, but I'm reading the manga here.

I personally prefer watching the anime, though, but I think the manga is more up to date. They update a chapter once a week I think.
lona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:53 AM   #6
xXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ryan View Post
I think the Japanese versions are the same as the US uncut DVD's but with different region settings. I could be wrong though.

I just recently started watching Naruto as well. It's a good show and the fight scenes are awesome! I bought the uncut US DVD box sets at Best Buy. At the time they had volumes 1-8.

(spoiler alert)

I finished all of it and it was only up to the Chunin exams and the invasion of Konoha (Leaf Village) by the Sand Village where Naruto fights Gaara. To be honest the US dvd box sets are over priced and they are seriously milking this anime. I mean per DVD volume box set only has about 15- 17 episodes which sells for $49. When you reach Volume 8, which I think is the latest volume available, it's not even 1/4 of the entire Naruto series.

Naruto ended already and continued with Naruto Shippuden where the characters are around 3 years older. Naruto leaves the Hidden Leaf Village to train with Jiraiya and returns after 2 and a half years...and still searching for their comrade Sasuke who joined Orochimaru to train and become stronger to able to kill his older brother, Itachi Uchiha who is a member of the Akatsuke.

Actually you can watch the latest episodes of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden in Youtube.com
I've been lucky, if you look on the walmart web site you can pick up the sets for $20.00 to 29.00 a piece. but your right they are still pricy.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
koikitz
Doh!

... it's already up 2 new sereis now ... naruto shippuden ...
koikitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #8
xXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by koikitz View Post
... it's already up 2 new sereis now ... naruto shippuden ...
Wow! That looks awesome! Do you know at what point the current season i'm watching ends, than continues into shippuden? How good is shippuden?
Thanks for the pic!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

is the 2nd series by the same creators as the first ?
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 PM   #10
koikitz
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXx View Post
Wow! That looks awesome! Do you know at what point the current season i'm watching ends, than continues into shippuden? How good is shippuden?
Thanks for the pic!
the first 1 have 220 episodes and the shippuden has 63 episodes now so far ... yuh there are made by the same animator ... and it's really good ...
koikitz is offline   Reply With Quote