Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-19-2024, 02:26 PM   #381
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Of course it is. They are not wasting all that time and development money just for the license holder to continually say, tone it down. Same thing happened to the most recent and cant sell it Power Girl.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 02:40 PM   #382
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

yea, Rogue's build should look like the OG purple Catwoman from SS.

in my opinion
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 04:08 PM   #383
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
is this a 'woke' thing maybe..?
I don?t think it has anything to do with being ?woke?. In fact it?s the totally opposite. So I think it has to do with editors being uniformed.

Women these days are focusing on their glutes heavily in workouts. Some are buying their a$$es (which look ridiculous IMO). And other are just born with ?em and flaunting the hell outta it.

My problem with Rogue is that she clearly has muscle, but has zero glute definition. I don’t want a crazy looking BBL. I would think she needs to have glutes like a person who can (and does) train to be able to lift tanks, boulders, and severed sentinel heads.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 08:10 PM   #384
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

No matter how hard I tried, Gambit is staring directly at me. The red pupils really does messed me up. Hope prototype pictures will represent better. Considering adding this piece.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 12:03 AM   #385
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
There is a lot to unpack in this image and I think it tells quite the story. We will start with the cards. It looks like Gambit was holding a full deck of cards in his left hand and had thrown the ace at Rogue while saying something very romantic. She grabs the card kisses it and then jumps/flys into Gambit to press it against his lips and kiss him.

The cards in gambits left hand are slightly charged to give off a dim light in what could be a darkly lit room or it could be showing how excited he is that he finally broke down her walls and she is finally romantically committing to him.

The next part is Gambit's body language. He didn't catch her by the waist or both hands around her body, he let her come all the way into him so that he could dictate the next move. He grabs her by the wrist and slightly pins it to her chest so she cant pull away while dropping the deck with his left hand to wrap his arm around her waist.

Next, his jacket tails are flying towards Rogue, indicating that he is moving backward and Rogue's hair is showing that she is moving forward fast enough for her hair to be flowing backward and not down on her shoulders and back. The final piece is Gambit's legs. His legs weren't set in a strong base to catch her, instead, he had them together so he could drop his hips and pull her down while flowing with her own motion of moving into him. She can't pull away because her arm is pinned to his chest and his left arm is around his back so she will end up on top of him on whatever gambit had positioned behind him (bed, couch, pillow, etc..) in a playful romantic scene.

I think it is the perfect scene, but I do wish he had a sly grin like the recent PF, but the scene already shows that he has caught her in his trap so the grin is ok with me.

Also, I didn't catch the lip bite until I read Demona's comment here and I really hope it is Rogue biting her lip and not just the angle.
THIS!

that's the impression the statue gave me also. rogue flew towards gambit and like what you said gambit legs are an indication that they are about to fall. (bed scene next! lol) I think this was executed perfectly!
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:18 AM   #386
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Sideshow just confirmed on Facebook that it's only in 1/5 scale. So, pass for me personally.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:43 AM   #387
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Sideshow just confirmed on Facebook that it's only in 1/5 scale. So, pass for me personally.

Dammit!
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:52 AM   #388
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thank the statue gods…my wallet is saved! I would have definitely picked up if 1:4 scale.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:36 PM   #389
Demona
Martian Manhunter

1:5 keeps me barely in the hunt. Rogue’s hair really really bothers me.

If the base looks silly
OR
Mystique is shown soon and is great….
This will be a no go for me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:39 PM   #390
qz33
Doctor Doom

Grand idea, far short on execution.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote