Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-11-2020, 04:27 AM   #141
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
More likely due to the price, others being critical of statues hasn't stopped the masses on here buying before. If you're going to price a 1/4 like a 1/3 statue, you better absolutely nail the likeness, and Prime haven't with this one.
Fair points Python can't argue those points.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 04:35 AM   #142
jonylin
Justice League

I pre-ordered the DX! I personally think it's a bit overpriced compared to some other P1 pieces but I think this piece looks fantastic and is pretty much exactly how I would've dreamed a perfect Aragorn statue would look like. The normal head is the best Aragorn portrait I've ever seen (90-95% accurate imo) and I'm hoping the shouting head is adjusted and turns out much better later on.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:21 AM   #143
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
I think i may be the only one on this forum ...I've seen other orders on LOTR fan sites ...It's interesting to see early in this thread how much praise this piece got until price and extra heads were shown now it's like ppl don't want it because others don't lol.
Personally I think the piece is very nice, I was very impressed with it when it was shown with the balrog (which I preordered right away) but the price threw me off on this one. Just hard to justify with so many other great pieces coming out, I'd rather just wait since there are other characters in this line I think I'd enjoy more.

I wouldn't let a little bit of negativity sway you one way or another. If you are happy with it and don't mind the price, it'll be a great statue for any LOTR fan.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:09 AM   #144
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It's a fair point to compare the value of Sauron and Gandalf dio with this one and not see the same value or bang for your buck ...I think the normal bust was pretty spot on the other two busts could use an adjustment maybe though I'm not super critical of them apart from one head looking too similar...Congrats Jonylin I also think this will make a great display with the other LOTR pieces they've shown.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #145
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I pre ordered day one like I did Sauron

I held out buying from weta cause I was excited to see what prime 1 had to offer so far I’m not disappointed

Pricing wise I was a little surprised cause I was expecting the lowest to be atleast $800 but i was ready to go all in on this line cause after this line and a few other pieces I’m taking a break from this hobby

It’s very costly but most of all it takes up too much damn room lol so my reasonings for buying these will be different from others cause it’s the top of my list I don’t have many other statues I’m getting

but I think prime 1 is doing good work so far

They just gotta tweak the portraits just a little bit

But for me I can still tell it’s Viggo

But for people who are hesitant what are the reasons?

If this was the top of your list go for it

But if this was just a wish list item and your more excited to get other pieces than you may have to sacrifice some of this line

I had to skip out on some sick pieces cause I just wanted others more badly but it’s up to you and it’s your collection and deffinetly your money
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:23 PM   #146
chronos1919
Nightwing

Anyone know why SS isn't getting these despite having some other new P1 statues up for order?
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #147
dao2
Cyclops

not really, but they might get it later
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:08 AM   #148
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I think the Asmus Aragorn looks quite a bit better than this one in terms of accuracy. What do you guys think?

Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:20 AM   #149
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

[QUOTE=Xenoburger;5881046]I think the Asmus Aragorn looks quite a bit better than this one in terms of accuracy. What do you guys think?

No, not really.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:07 AM   #150
Ranz

Not so much for me he has no creases in his forehead and his eyes seem a bit weird like that part of his face is spaced apart too far...Maybe I'm being too picky if this piece isn't expensive then it's ok.