Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-30-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Sideshow and the Star Wars License

Hey guys,

Is it just me or do you find it odd that Sideshow had no Star Wars content for May the 4th?

They had some sort of event for May 4th for the past number of years.

Rumors abound about Sideshow either not bidding for a license extension or losing it to another company. Gentle Giant for example, seems to have a slew of new product headed for production.

Can anyone with credible information confirm Sideshow's status as far as the Star Wars license is concerned?
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #2
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hey guys,

Is it just me or do you find it odd that Sideshow had no Star Wars content for May the 4th?

Rumors abound about Sideshow either not bidding for a license extension or losing it to another company. Gentle Giant for example, seems to have a slew of new product headed for production.

Can anyone with credible information confirm Sideshow's status as far as the Star Wars license is concerned?
to be honest, I don't think star wars sales have been doing well lately. The hype for all things star wars took a big hit since TLJ so maybe SS is cutting back on releases near term
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

they have something for SDCC coming.. but yeah.. look up.. SW STatues not selling for Sideshow.
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:42 PM   #4
craigcliff1
Zot

This was asked on Freaks and Rebelscum, no one knows on either board. The one argument for them having license is Igo Rancor. Lots of arguments for them not having the license, Darth Vader PF was almost a year ago and not anything else that I know. Igo came on here at start of the year and mentioned plenty of statues in the works for comic book licenses but not one mention of Star Wars
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hey guys,

I think it's just a rumor yet to be confirmed. First red flag I think was because they were not at Star Wars Celebration this year.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:08 PM   #6
dao2
Cyclops

it'd be awesome if they didn't renew and gave it to someone else :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Maybe Prime 1 bought it and that's why they are 'falling out'. Wouldn't that be crazy?
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:25 PM   #8
craigcliff1
Zot

P1 would do awesome but $1,000 1/4 statues would be a lot. G Force was $900.00.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:26 PM   #9
slynger
Hellboy

I think SS has shown their hand with their COD line and their long list of comic pieces either up for PO or coming up. To me, this says they aren't too concerned about SW.

Yes, maybe sales of SW have been down lately, but the brand isn't going away anytime soon.

With Mandalorian coming up, the new movie, the upcoming Clone Wars and more movies in the works, someone will want this license.

I hope SS lets someone else take it over. They clearly don't care for it like they used to. I'll be just fine if P1 takes it over.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:32 PM   #10
built2shred
Phoenix

SS Han and Luke were major misfires IMO. I have no interest in SS Mix Media which they pretty much use on most of their Star Wars stuff... and a lot of the SW statues SS has made have had awkward poses or outfits that don't fit quite right like the stormtroopers... I also have ZERO interest in any of the new characters from the latest movies..

To be honest I've pretty much have lost any excitement for the Star Wars IP in general.. I have the Iron Studios Yoda on pre-order but beyond that I don't see anything I would want that's out now or has been previewed by the various companies..

I'm more excited about TH & XM's 1:6 DC stuff...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote