Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-04-2017, 11:26 PM   #661
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Guess different people have differing priorities.

I understand the frustration waiting for a piece that gets delayed time-after-time, but if the delays result in better quality then I don't mind.

Wish Sideshow would take that approach.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:39 PM   #662
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post

I understand the frustration waiting for a piece that gets delayed time-after-time, but if the delays result in better quality then I don't mind.

It's not that cut and dry. It's a simple painted statue. The factory BSes whatever it thinks will pass and PCS has to make revisions. They come at a cost though as the factory moves other projects in front of them. They aren't using all this time to figure out how to make a better statue or add even more details and quality.

The VAST majority of PCS statues have year+ delays since the past 3 years. Yeah we know what to expect now but 2 years ago many would have just waited till it was delivered had it been advertised so long.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:56 PM   #663
HeavyMetalSpike

It's that cut-and-dry for me

Again - IF the delay means I get better quality than I would WITHOUT the delay - I don't mind the delay.

Since I'll have the statue for as long as I'm around - hopefully longer than a couple of years - a few months EXTRA wait is fine if I'm happier with what I receive.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:04 AM   #664
dao2
Cyclops

Same for me, though I essentially have a trickle of stuff that comes in slowly so it all works out for me ;p If I end up souring on it over the wait it's because I actually really didn't like it in the first place and just caved too early ;p I have a few pieces like that, they are well done too but I just don't really like them enough and regret buying them.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:23 AM   #665
qz33
Rescue

Being married to a statue is nice and all but these aren't supposed to be life decisions.

Absence may make the heart grow fonder but constant absence makes the heart forget and move on.

What other common good would people accept a year or more delay for? And no $100,000 cars or true one of a kind pieces of art aren't comparable.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:32 AM   #666
HeavyMetalSpike

Sorry dude - you've completely lost me there

No worries though - it's all good.

Old 08-05-2017, 04:44 AM   #667
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post

Most of the time theres no difference in quality. Take Chronicle as a prime example.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #668
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I've said this before but where else are you getting a 1/4 scale Karl Urban Dredd?

I said it to the people who ordered the Kessler wolf and wanted to cancel it, where else are you getting this statue lol, no one else is doing these pieces.

I know the delays are frustrating but it's not like it's Iron Man where there's always one around the corner and there's 3 different companies making them.....this is it and all you have to do is wait.

I can understand if you are no longer hot on the statue and want to cancel, that's fine....however i'd suggest if you can't wait for it then you didn't really want it anyway.

To me something like the Kessler or Howling statues are so unique and not being done by anyone else and probably never will....so why not wait?

Otherwise you cancel now, see it come out and people love it, then all those feelings of "want" you had when it came up for PO come back again and you end up ordering anyway lol.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:11 AM   #669
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Most of the time theres no difference in quality. Take Chronicle as a prime example.
Chronicle?, Prime? - who are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I've said this before but where else are you getting a 1/4 scale Karl Urban Dredd?

I said it to the people who ordered the Kessler wolf and wanted to cancel it, where else are you getting this statue lol, no one else is doing these pieces.

I know the delays are frustrating but it's not like it's Iron Man where there's always one around the corner and there's 3 different companies making them.....this is it and all you have to do is wait.

I can understand if you are no longer hot on the statue and want to cancel, that's fine....however i'd suggest if you can't wait for it then you didn't really want it anyway.

To me something like the Kessler or Howling statues are so unique and not being done by anyone else and probably never will....so why not wait?

Otherwise you cancel now, see it come out and people love it, then all those feelings of "want" you had when it came up for PO come back again and you end up ordering anyway lol.
The man has a point

Old 08-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #670
ArnoldStallone
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

Very

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Epxrz14bY
ArnoldStallone is offline   Reply With Quote