Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-01-2022, 09:55 PM   #1
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

New MOTU 1:6 Classics line

Is anyone able to provide any more info on what this new 1:6 Classics line will be? I know there was a mention of this with the update on the 1:6 He-Man/Battle cat, but was keen to know more?

I have the Teela 1:5 on preorder and was thinking if they now do a 1:6 classics line, that may be what I?m after- a more classic looking Teela and others as well.

I wish Tweeterhead could tell us more, so we can decide what scale we want to collect rather then start buying 1:5 scale and then change to 1:6 scale if our favourites are also getting that release?

Tweeterhead or anyone have more info you can share?
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:03 PM   #2
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Is anyone able to provide any more info on what this new 1:6 Classics line will be? I know there was a mention of this with the update on the 1:6 He-Man/Battle cat, but was keen to know more?

I have the Teela 1:5 on preorder and was thinking if they now do a 1:6 classics line, that may be what I?m after- a more classic looking Teela and others as well.

I wish Tweeterhead could tell us more, so we can decide what scale we want to collect rather then start buying 1:5 scale and then change to 1:6 scale if our favourites are also getting that release?
I agree, would also like it clear what size these will all be in. Is Teela the only 1/5 or are Heman/cat and skeletor/cat the only ones going 1/6.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 01:53 AM   #3
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Teela, Merman, Trapjaw and Beastman are all in the 1/5 line. Plus, they have stated they have plans to make a new He-Man, a new Skeletor, a new She-Ra and a new Evil Lyn in 1/5. Plus, we're all hoping they make Sorceress too.

As for the 1/6 line, this He-Man and Battlecat is the only piece they've announced so far.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:42 AM   #4
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Odd for a company to do 1/5 and 1/6 at same time in same license. I could see maybe 1/8 and 1/4 as they are different markets. Interesting to see what the thoughts on this are from the company.
Old 01-03-2022, 11:03 AM   #5
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post

My guess is the new 1:6 line will just be based on the vintage figure designs, while the 1:5 line is artistic interpretation of the characters as how they would appear in a modern live action film.

As I said in the other thread I want this new 1:6 line to go deep but it depends on the success of the first piece, they also have competition from Iron studios now as they have just announced a 1:10 MOTU line in a similar classic style.

I expect Tweeterheads 1:6 classics to look just like this Alex Ross art.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 04:30 PM   #6
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I mean, if the 1/5 line wasn't so successful I'd say scrap that line and go all in on 1/6. That's partly personal preference and partly the possibility of splitting sales between the lines. The way prices/shipping are right now, assuming that those aren't coming down, I wouldn't be surprised if they do eventually scrap the 1/5 line as long as the 1/6 line sells well enough.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 04:59 PM   #7
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I mean, if the 1/5 line wasn't so successful I'd say scrap that line and go all in on 1/6. That's partly personal preference and partly the possibility of splitting sales between the lines. The way prices/shipping are right now, assuming that those aren't coming down, I wouldn't be surprised if they do eventually scrap the 1/5 line as long as the 1/6 line sells well enough.
The 1/5 line has been massively successful I think. Every piece has sold out easily, and they all command a pretty penny on the aftermarket for the most part. Sideshow just did what sideshow does and made a few core pieces, then sat on it. So Tweeterhead took creative rights and control with Sideshow distributing. I'm sure its a lot more detailed than that, but thats the gist of it I think.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:17 PM   #8
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
The 1/5 line has been massively successful I think. Every piece has sold out easily, and they all command a pretty penny on the aftermarket for the most part. Sideshow just did what sideshow does and made a few core pieces, then sat on it. So Tweeterhead took creative rights and control with Sideshow distributing. I'm sure its a lot more detailed than that, but thats the gist of it I think.
It's been very successful so far, but the question is about how much of that success the 1/6 line will cut into. We already have collectors being priced out at 1/6, never mind the bigger scales. If this is a full-fledged line and people respond well to it I think it's completely possible that they move on from 1/5. Obviously all depends on sales...possible there's enough demand out there to support both lines.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 11:55 PM   #9
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Chad had stated years ago would be a He Man vs Skelly, so there going to a Skelly
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 01:08 AM   #10
extracomputer.1

If done as well as the 1/5 line I would prefer the 1/6. Smaller price and shipping plus smaller footprint.