Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 08-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
Boondog
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Can we ask who did "this" or "that" sculpture? That isn't a solicitation, merely an request for the name of the artist.
I'm sure that's fine
Boondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
Boondog
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
It would be nice if the Sculptor's Showcase or whatever it's called would be just that -- a locked showcase for the sculptor to display work without all the comments one has to scroll through.
To some extent, I could see the benefit of that, but a lot of people view the threads for educational purposes, we still need to be able to talk with people to share opinions and constructive criticisms with each other.
Boondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Can we ask who did "this" or "that" sculpture? That isn't a solicitation, merely a request for the name of the artist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondog View Post
I'm sure that's fine

Where can we do that exactly? And, can we request a pic or additional pics of the piece? I tried to do that earlier but my post was edited into the simpler quote above. My original post was character specific. I also added a small pic of the piece as reference. Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the original post? There was no solicitation, just a request for a pic.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #14
GedTasker
Home Grown Mod

Quote:
Where can we do that exactly? And, can we request a pic or additional pics of the piece? I tried to do that earlier but my post was edited into the simpler quote above. My original post was character specific. I also added a small pic of the piece as reference. Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the original post? There was no solicitation, just a request for a pic.

The 'From Our Bench' section is for sculptor's to show their work, get critiques and tips. If you want additional pics you should ask the sculptor (Khurram Alavi) in his thread for more pics or private message him and ask. The owner does not want the sculptor's section filling up with these kinds of threads anymore.
GedTasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #15
lchunleo
Fantastic Four

unsure where to park this question so maybe put under this thread,

looking around, i noticed there are more of sculptures that are highly in detailed, especially those from transformer licenses for instance. Are they all done in digital sculpture and 3D printed? comments any?
lchunleo is offline   Reply With Quote