Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 06-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
EricS6X
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thanos Print

Ordered this Thanos print this week. Been watching the progress and I think it's awesome. Will look great with the Thanos on throne I preordered. I like supporting talented artists with no middle man in between.

https://www.facebook.com/MasterPastelArtist/

EricS6X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Here's the final image. I ordered an AP of this piece.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:42 AM   #3
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That's some awesome artwork.

Love seeing those midway shots - they almost look unreal.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:04 AM   #4
spidermonkey
Mephisto

Just ordered an AP as well. It looks amazing.
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #5
moon_knight1971
Rescue

This guy is talented. Really like his classic Superman piece
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Just ordered the last PP. It looks amazing, can't wait to receive it!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #7
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Thanks guys appreciate it!
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:00 PM   #8
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Absolutely beautiful work. Unfortunately, the prices are a bit too high for me, and I vastly prefer matte paper for comic related artwork as apposed to glossy. And a 1" white border is a must IMO. Having a 1" white border just gives a print a much more professional and finished quality. Still, absolutely amazing work and I am sure people will love the prints.

I did a quick mock up in Photoshop to show the difference between a full bleed print and one that has a white border:

Obviously the title and number is completely optional. Some artists/companies like titles and others don't. And in regards to the number, most artists only print the bottom number (edition size) and hand write the top number (number of that print), but some hand write both. Here is a picture without the title and just with the edition size printed:

IMO, the white border just makes all the difference in the world. Again, it just gives the print a much more professional and finished quality. Plus it gives the artist an area to sign and number the print and its better for framing as well as I always cut the matte a half inch bigger both horizontal and vertical so I have a 1/8" gap between the edge of the matte and the edge of the artwork. Here is an example of what a matted piece of artwork looks like with a gap between the inner edge of the blue matte board and the outer edge of the artwork itself.

And white borders look much nicer for prints stored in portfolio's as opposed to framing. I have actually seen multiple polls on the topic of white borders vs full bleed prints and the results were 95%+ in favor of white borders. Just do a quick look at the prints being made by the various artists/companies in the comic industry. You will see that the VAST majority use a white border. Just to name a few you have Mike Debalfo, Elysium Treasures, BDI, Aspen (Michael Turner prints), EBAS, Ale Garza, Stanley Lau, Sideshow, Top Cow, Jamie Tyndall, Alex Sinclair, J. Scott Campbell, Joseph Linsner, Ed McGuiness, Mark Brooks, Adi Granov, Michael Dooney, Mico Suayan, Simone Bianchi, Brian Pulidro, Jim Lee, Josh Howard, Jeff Martinez, Amanda Conner, Phillip Tan, Jae Lee, Brandon Peterson, Frank Cho, Paolo Pantalena, Alex Garner, Elias Chatzoudis, etc. Some of them use a 1/2" white border, but most use around a 1" border.

And most of the high profile artists I just listed use matte paper as opposed to glossy. Most of the artists I have purchased prints from actually use Epson's Ultra Premium Presentation Paper (Enhanced Matte). Here is a link in case your interested.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tte_Paper.html

My advice would be to do a couple of test prints and see how you like matte w/white border compared to the glossy w/o white border. Anyways, sorry for the long post. Just some constructive criticism that I think can really help raise your prints to a whole new level quality wise. Ether way, your artwork really is amazing. I look forward to seeing some more work from you!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote