Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 11-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
Handsy
Doh!

Need Pro sculptors help-questions for vocational training

Hello, I am someone who has aspergers syndrome which is a mild form of autism and I am going through a Vocational assistance program through my state that might help me start my own business in sculpting. I truly believe I have the talent to become a high level sculptor, especially with the assistance of this program. Sculpting is the only thing in life that ever came easy and natural to me. I still remember the first time as a small child I worked a piece of clay in my hands I literally felt like I was hit by lightning! I have never had that feeling with anything. Most other things in life are a big struggle for me.

I am going through the assessment process with them right now. I am trying to finish a few older sculpts I have worked on but not completed because I haven't had the proper materials and experience with this type of sculpting.

What I need help with from someone here is someone that can answer questions for me about the financial aspects and what it will take to get going.. how long it might take and budget and costs type of questions answered. Also, legal issues related to working on copyrighted characters etc.

If anyone knows someone I might be able to contact or someone that you know and could contact to message me here that would be great. Or if anyone has any ideas or info that could help me in my situation please let me know. Thanks!

If someone knows a good moderator to contact here who might be able to help, that would be awesome too!
Handsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
barneyjoseph
Birdman

Regarding financials....for most of us, it gets better by trial and error!

Regarding copyrighted material....please stay away from it as a professional. If you do have to make one, then get the license rights properly!

Time for any project is determined by you. As you get better, you may find an ideal time frame for each project!

Lastly, only a few sculptors go into this full time and can support themselves with that income. The rest have a second job and many do this as a side hustle!

Practice and Persevere! God bless you! All the best!
barneyjoseph is offline   Reply With Quote