Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 01-26-2015, 10:57 PM   #191
demonhunter
Kingpin

I don't think you can compare. Both of them are largely different. For one, I think the one's from Artgerm's Imaginary Friend's Studio A3 pieces are printed on artcards(a type of paper). Probably highest grammage is 260gsm thickness, and digital prints.

Whereas these are the specifications of the premium SideShow ones:

18x24" unframed art print
100% cotton, acid free, matte Museo Rag 300GSM
Epson Archival Inks

demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #192
demonhunter
Kingpin

Mark Brooks prints from the San Diego Comic Con 2015, USA, arrived in Malaysia on my birthday. After it went through mail sorting, the post man delivered them safely to my Fortress of Solitude the other day. I haven’t had time to flatten them, set them up right to take photos. Just a quick snap with the camera. The other piece is of Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers). Both signed by Mark Brooks! Thanks so much to my good friend in the US. He packed it so well! The tube was not dented, no dinged, it was freaking pristine! Thank you so much , bro!
Old 11-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #193
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Anyone here have both the Artgerm prints and Sideshow ones? How do they compare in quality?
In regards to the quality of the artwork itself, there is very litttle difference at all. Both are created using high end digital printers so your getting top notch quality inks/prints with both artists. The only real difference between the two is that Sideshow uses a cotton rag matt paper and Artgerm's prints are printed on more of a semi gloss lightweight card stock.

Personally, I prefer matt paper when it comes to comic prints so I tend to think Sideshows prints look a bit nicer, but Artgerms prints are still very nice in thier own right. Again, both are made with high end digital printers, both use archival inks and papers, and both are ultimately very nice prints. Whether you prefer one of the other really depends on your paper preference.
Sideshow's paper is a bit higher in quality so they have a slight edge in that regard, but beyond that its just a matter of personal preference.

Not to mention, Artgerm is now creating higher end digital prints through Ink Ink Collectibles. I have yet to see those prints with my own eye so I can't speak to thier overall quality, but given the rise in cost and the fact that he has described them as being higher quality prints...well, he could very well have pulled ahead of Sideshow with thiese new prints. Won't know for sure until I am able to see them first hand.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #194
demonhunter
Kingpin

Artgerm Sketchbook Book Two short video review.

https://youtu.be/WzSGw38woig