Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #1
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Red Dead Redemption 2

Anyone who played the first game will tell you how incredible it was across the board. Another masterpiece by Rockstar getting perfect scores by critics and players alike. Worst kept secret was the sequel, but regardless the announcement trailer makes it a reality and I am extremely excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmA6MrX81z4
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #2
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

God damn yeah! Can't wait for this!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:14 PM   #3
MrJones

I'm very excited. It will be amazing. Though I already know it won't replace the experiences I had with the 1st just for where I was in my life. I have fond memories of meeting up online with a full crew of like 5-6 real life friends and all riding together online. Sounds nerdy, but damn was it ever fun. Now I hardly get an hour or two to play a week and few of my friends play as well, let alone at the same time. So I just know I will absolutely love the single player in this but it won't replace the online memories I have.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:47 AM   #4
Demona
Martian Manhunter

RDR was great because the controls were so damn challenging for me. What I learned is that I'm so much better at games that autoaim for me

If I didn't have a sh!tload of other games I need to finish, or plan on starting, I'd be getting this upon release.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #5
Frankierock
Omega Red

OHH HELL YEAH!!!!!
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #6
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

So excited for this. Just finsihed playing the first one again via backwards compatability. Thanks for that one Xbox!

Honestly, Rockstar really raised thier game up a few notches with GTAV. Imagine something of that scale and that level of fun, but in the wild west with a Red Dead Storyline. I am picking early GotY contender for this one. And no doubt, I will spend at least a month taking screenshots. I absolutely love taking screenshots in Rockstars games (the photographer in me).

In case anyone is interested, here are some of my better screenshots from GTAV. I have a folder with like thousands more that I haven't even gone through yet, lol.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/103793722@N04/
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:08 PM   #7
MrJones

Your screenshots are amazing! I too love taking screenshots in games, haven't gotten to that level yet though, I just like taking some here and there and posting to my Instagram.

Red Dead will be amazing with the scale of GTAV
Old 11-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #8
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just finished playing GTAV for the first time last month, really enjoyed it. I needed a break from the "Souls Life" as they like to say with something a bit more relaxing

For my experience at least, it was more like playing a book or a movie than a game, but I was really engrossed with the story. Never played RDR, but if this new one is anything like GTAV in the story telling department I might pick it up.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #9
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Your screenshots are amazing! I too love taking screenshots in games, haven't gotten to that level yet though, I just like taking some here and there and posting to my Instagram.

Red Dead will be amazing with the scale of GTAV
Thanks! Thats really just the tip of the iceberg. I literally have thousands, many of which I have never even gone through. Same for World of Warcraft. I have so many for WOW, its crazy. I tend to do more architectural style pictures as thats the kind of photographer I am. I keep writing emails to Rockstar begging them to create an in game camera, one where you can zoom in and switch lenses, etc. They could even make the lenses hidden throughout the world or something like that. Make them part of the hidden collectibles. It would give people so much more control over the quality of shots they take.

Some of my GTA V shots were actually used in a couple of articles. One from Buzz Feed and one from Esquire Magazine. They were about the beauty of in game photography with GTA V. Here are the links in you want to take a look:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/g...vXN#.isEm9zwEp

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/new...v-photography/

One of the things that really sucked is the pictures were really small in the original version, but they incresed the size of the pictures to 1080p in the remastered version, but I had already spent so much time photographing in the game that I really didn't feel like going back and doing them again for higher quality versions. I am definitely looking forward to taking screenshots in Red Dead 2 tho. That game should make for some really beautiful pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
I just finished playing GTAV for the first time last month, really enjoyed it. I needed a break from the "Souls Life" as they like to say with something a bit more relaxing

For my experience at least, it was more like playing a book or a movie than a game, but I was really engrossed with the story. Never played RDR, but if this new one is anything like GTAV in the story telling department I might pick it up.
When I play games like GTA V, I am only playing the story maybe 5-10% of the time I am playing. The rest of the time I am just fooling around, exploring, taking screen shots, experimenting with all of the various things to do, etc. I could see where if you just jumped in and only played the story that it would feel more like a book or a movie. It definitely feels more like a game when your running around just doing whatever you feel like.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #10
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Rockstar released a new trailer today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F63h3v9QV7w
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote