Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 04-04-2019, 02:40 PM   #181
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So they switched to cheaper materials AND raised the price? Ha ha
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #182
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Welp I'm going to get him so we can compare him to Optimus. As of now standing Starscream is heavier then Optimus and the last to have any actual weight for the statue and Rodimus having the last heavy base. I believe Optimus's materials weren't labeled properly and there are plastics not mentioned. (his head doesn't count)

There is no way Optimus's & Megatron's right arms both oustretched holding guns are Poly. but if they are they're hollowed out paper thin. There are parts on Optimus that feel cheap imo.

On another note my Soundwave re-release toppled over because the torso pieces couldn't withstand the weight of its arms. It slammed into my original Soundwave and damaged the base beyond repair so now I'm 3K in on a third Soundwave and it's a mess. Thankfully the base was useable and I switched the boxes as I'll never sell the piece but if you only saw all the QC screw-ups between both re-release pieces you'd die from shock. Ravage still didn't fit, holes not cut properly, the magnets weren't even painted blue but they were on SW1 & my 2nd. Whatever factory did this re-release should be fired and it makes me wonder going forward how the QC is going to be. Standing SS came out perfect and I refuse to pay over 2K for Grimlock if he's going to turn out like SW2 or be cheap like Megatron. Buyer beware at this point...

After Megatron and Shockwave I'm done with this line as well. I have faith in XM, P1 and PCS to provide me with Transformers.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #183
Sandman585
Hydra

Imaginarium Art Completely crapped the bed with this line. Started out strong and had a lot of potential. I can’t speak for any LOC pieces as I do not have any. They cheaped out on quality and raised prices. Not to mention they got away from the true Gen1 look of UM and SW hat they started out doing. Absolutely done. I do like my Optimus. I will proudly display that as a stand-alone piece but I am disappointed to not have Megatron.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:49 PM   #184
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
Imaginarium Art Completely crapped the bed with this line. Started out strong and had a lot of potential. I can’t speak for any LOC pieces as I do not have any. They cheaped out on quality and raised prices. Not to mention they got away from the true Gen1 look of UM and SW hat they started out doing. Absolutely done. I do like my Optimus. I will proudly display that as a stand-alone piece but I am disappointed to not have Megatron.
Yep. I have all the LOC pieces that they've released and pieces on them do feel like plastic. Hands, guns, heads but as a whole they all have an oomph to them. Bases and bodies have a better quality to them plus they're cheaper. I love this line but I'm also peed off at IA. LOC is the way to go at this point unless you absolutely love a character in large scale.

edit: I have hyped this line up since Soundwave 1 was released. I post pictures and try and answer questions. This turnabout in my stance on them has happened in the last month with my Soundwave explosion which is why I'm grumpy about it.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:00 PM   #185
off
The X-Men

I don't blame you for being mad. I'm pissed as well. I've been an IA cheerleader since the original Soundwave as well. No more, Optimus was done on the cheap and now Megs looks to be even worse, plus a jacked up price.

I'm glad most of their line is languishing at BBTS. They deserve it.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:28 PM   #186
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Hey this is $1120 US SHIPPED (in the US) at Spec Fiction shop. safe place to purchase. I have purchased 3 XM statues from them myself. That price is more in line with the other IA large scale Transformers.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:02 AM   #187
off
The X-Men

That price is at least more reasonable.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #188
off
The X-Men

If 1100 bucks for a toy can be reasonable.

Lolz.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:46 AM   #189
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
So they switched to cheaper materials AND raised the price? Ha ha
They actually came out and said they are using the traditional methods that they used on their other statues.

Apparently they factory couldn't get the end result to a standard they were happy with.

Hence the price still being high.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:37 PM   #190
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

don't like the looks of megs. Unfortunately they seam to be doing closer to the idw thing (great for those into that). Loved the soundwave and bought the LOC Jazz but not digging it that much. May part with in future and will be watching alot closer before buying anymore LOC stuff. I wish they would have stayed with the look with their jets and megatron like they did with soundwave. Only issue I had with soundwave was to file the holes out more for the ratbat and laserbeak pegs and had to file an 1/8" off from one leg peg for ravege. None of that can be seen once put together. Not sure why ravage's leg was so huge. Sure mold wasn't that far off so maybe a rework that they forgot to finish. looks awesome though.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote