Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #181
ambasah
Red Skull

I was thinking of getting this, despite the inflated price, but was under the impression they were going to make all 3.

now I will be passing.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #182
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
How is it like to order direct from GG? Do they offer payment plans? Who ships their stuff and are the rates reasonable?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #183
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
How is it like to order direct from GG? Do they offer payment plans? Who ships their stuff and are the rates reasonable?
Ordering through GG Direct is smooth. If you're part of their Premier Guild Membership you get 10% off direct orders. PGM memberships are $50 annually and it entitles you to one of their annual PGM gifts for free, minus shipping costs. The value of the gift offsets the annual fee.

They don't have any payment plans.

Shipping is reasonable but I'm not sure about international rates. They ship through both FedEx & UPS. Some of their exclusive offerings won't ship outside the US though. Not sure what the determining factor is for why/when this happens but if you ever want anything Derek let me know and I'll help you out if possible.

They also have a points program similar to Sideshow's Reward Points, same 20 points to $1 ratio too I believe.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #184
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Thanks for the explanation, Scott! I had a feeling you'd be in the know after reading one of your posts. Shipping to Asia was my concern. Some sites just don't ship to this region.

Do they bill you in full at pre-order or do they wait until the item's ready to ship?

I am seriously considering jumping on the Samurai. It's a must-have for me. No two-ways about it. I didn't even know it popped up so early last year. I went to GG's site and it doesn't say that this was sold out. I'm surprised that with the low ES it's still available. I just don't want to wait too long. I missed the girls but I can live with that. I need this piece. It's just too awesome.

I read you might consider canceling yours. Why's that, brother?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 AM   #185
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

No problem, glad I could help.

GG doesn't bill until its time to ship. No deposit at time of order or penalties for canceling either.

As for canceling my Samurai order... its really a matter of display space and money for me. This piece is really sweet, no question, but I don't know where I'd put it to be honest and I think I might just be happy with the 5 girls. Though if GG ever tackles the Bunny Mech I'd probably have to get that. I haven't canceled yet though. I may just find a way to keep it, you never know.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #186
derekrodneysim
Giganta

You have all 5 girls?! Man!!

I feel you on the space and money issues, man. I know how that's like. Though you gotta ask yourself, when will we ever see a samurai robot with a minigun?

I'm gonna try for one. I hope they'll ship to my location. Wish me luck!

Thanks again, Scott!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #187
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah got all 5. I was on board from the beginning.

I hear ya on the gun-totting Samurai argument. The design is so unique.

Best of luck securing one.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #188
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Thanks, Scott! Matter of fact i just signed up for one!

I just can't sit by and let this one slip. I know myself. I'll probably regret it if I miss out on this.

They only offer USPS Priority Mail International and it's $123 just to ship.

Congratulations on all 5 girls! They're really something! I bet Babydoll's just out of reach by now.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #189
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Not really surprised about the shipping cost, this thing is going to be HUGE!!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #190
Spazzy
Hercules

I am very much looking forward to this, one of the few non sideshow items I have on order. Plus I suspect once sold out it will be tough to get at such a small limited #
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote