Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #211
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

The "I'm the juggernaut -----" video really boosted juggernauts popularity.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:16 PM   #212
adee
Green Arrow

I think you guys are losing your god damn minds! They’re all awesome for way more reasons than I care to type.

What sticks out in my mind about Marko is he is the antithesis of Xavier. His character history has been very rich, crossing over to many other titles and always holding his own. He is the living incarnation of the irresistible force. He’s been in some of my favorite comics, cartoons and video games. On top of all that he is one of the coolest looking characters in comic book history. My question would be why wouldn’t you like this guy. It’s the Juggernaut -----!

...I purposely left out movies
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:21 PM   #213
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I think you guys are losing your god damn minds! They’re all awesome for way more reasons than I care to type.

What sticks out in my mind about Marko is he is the antithesis of Xavier. His character history has been very rich, crossing over to many other titles and always holding his own. He is the living incarnation of the irresistible force. He’s been in some of my favorite comics, cartoons and video games. On top of all that he is one of the coolest looking characters in comic book history. My question would be why wouldn’t you like this guy. It’s the Juggernaut -----!

...I purposely left out movies
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:31 PM   #214
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

This might have been asked already but is anyone here planning on double-dipping on this and the IS dio? Anyone besides Force of course lol
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #215
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So, let me get this straight. You like Juggernaut. You are buying the maquette. But, you don't understand the hype surrounding what makes people like Juggernaut?

And why do people have to justify why they like something? I brought up Hulk because, beyond him being somewhat funny in the MCU movies, I could care less about him. Hence, my "I don't understand the hype around Hulk." Honestly, if it weren't for the MCU movies, I'd give two ----s about Capt. America or Iron Man as well. I only like them because of how the movies portrayed them, and couldn't care less what they've done in the comics.
Correct. Me knowing what little i know of him is precisely the reason i don’t understand the hype surrounding the character and why i’ve been asking can you fill me in, am i missing some important story beat or something?

And I never said people had to justify anything, i was asking the source of his hype. Also i’m responding to you guys responding to me not understanding juggernauts hype. This discussion is going knowwhere fast...
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #216
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
This might have been asked already but is anyone here planning on double-dipping on this and the IS dio? Anyone besides Force of course lol
Nope, not I.

I won't be getting the IS dio. It just doesn't appeal to me. It would've been different, tho, had it been Colossus vs Juggernaut.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #217
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Correct. Me knowing what little i know of him is precisely the reason i don’t understand the hype surrounding the character and why i’ve been asking can you fill me in, am i missing some important story beat or something?

And I never said people had to justify anything, i was asking the source of his hype. Also i’m responding to you guys responding to me not understanding juggernauts hype. This discussion is going knowwhere fast...
Adee described it for me.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:57 PM   #218
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Also, there's probably 100+ Hulk statues and a handful of Juggernaut, this being the first 1/4.
Exactly. This is the first official 1/4 non-custom Juggs ever. He is a top 5 X-Men villain all time. Oh he can hold his own with Hulk as well. It's documented, Google it.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #219
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post

He's got a crazy backstory... much more than most villains. Family lineage, reason for his powers, infamous battes, etc
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:43 AM   #220
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

One of my fav comics as a young punk was John Byrne Incredible Hulk where the big green guy had to battle

The leader
Abomination
Rhino
Modok
Juggernaut
Doc Samson

It turned out the bad guys were all holograms that could only hurt hulk if he believed they were real. The art was amazing and Juggernaut was grouped with them because he was a power house.
Loved that comic!!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote