Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM   #371
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I’m sure they want to get upcoming pieces perfect I’m cool with waiting I’d just like some type of update. Silence is not good 5 months after money was given up. I’m a first time buyer with this company I need to feel assurance I’m in good hands. Not much to ask. That being said I bought Joker it’s best representation I’ve ever seen of him in any scale .
Subby you're in good hands. I prepay all through tweeterhead. Delivery time is usually 12-15 months.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:30 PM   #372
Das Brutah
The Avengers

How do these 1/6 scale pieces compare to the 1/6 scale pieces Bowen produced? I’ve read the Bowen 1/6 weren’t a true 1/6.

I’ve looked through different threads, but don’t see any pics with side-by-side comparisons.

Huge fan of the 1/6 scale line. These look fantastic. Smaller size, great detail and lower price.

I would love to get an idea how these match up with other 1/6 scale lines. Anyone have input or feedback on this? Thanks
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:40 PM   #373
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
How do these 1/6 scale pieces compare to the 1/6 scale pieces Bowen produced? I’ve read the Bowen 1/6 weren’t a true 1/6.

I’ve looked through different threads, but don’t see any pics with side-by-side comparisons.

Huge fan of the 1/6 scale line. These look fantastic. Smaller size, great detail and lower price.

I would love to get an idea how these match up with other 1/6 scale lines. Anyone have input or feedback on this? Thanks
A lot of companies used to claim 1/6-scale because they included the base in the height. If measured from head to feet, those statues were 1/7- or even 1/8-scale.

Here's a pic showing 1/8-, 1/7-, and 1/6-scale statues.

Statues can look deceptively "bigger" than they really are depending on the poses. Here's a 1/8- next to a 1/6-scale statue.

Here's the Tweeterhead 1/6-scale Harley Quinn next to Sideshow's 1/4-scale Batgirl.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:33 AM   #374
built2shred
Phoenix

If you push Harley all the way back and bring Batgirl to the very front it will give a distance illusion making it look like here they're similar scale..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:07 AM   #375
Gothamite
Phoenix

Here's a pic showing 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, and 1/7. Bowens were mostly 1/7.

(Thread: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=163304)

Old 06-02-2018, 01:11 AM   #376
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Thanks for sharing.

So what scale were the Bowen character statues, not including the bases? I know they were called 1/6. In looking at the different Bowen pieces I have they do vary.... any pics of a Tweeterhead statue next to a Bowen?
Old 06-02-2018, 01:17 AM   #377
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Thanks for sharing.

So what scale were the Bowen character statues, not including the bases? I know they were called 1/6. In looking at the different Bowen pieces I have they do vary.... any pics of a Tweeterhead statue next to a Bowen?
Best thing to do is measure the statues for yourself.

http://batgirl1967.blogspot.com/2018...der-woman.html

Quote:
Currently, the largest statues in my collection are 1/6-scale. The "average" superhero is 6-feet, or 72-inches, tall. A 1/6-scale statue would measure 12-inches tall (from the bottom of the feet to the top of the head). A 1/7-scale statue would measure 10.3-inches tall. An 1/8-scale statue would measure 9-inches tall. A 1/9-scale statue would measure 8-inches tall. A 1/10-scale statue would measure 7.2-inches tall. (You get the idea.)

The Ikon statue's "rock" base is obviously much taller than the hockey puck bases that DC Collectibles uses for the Designer Series statues. However, if you measure the statues from their feet to their heads, this statue scales well with the Designer Series. The statue's overall height is 14.25 inches. When you subtract the 2-inches from where the left foot rests on the base, Wonder Woman herself is 12.25-inches tall. This would make her roughly 6-feet, 1.5-inches tall "in real life".

Old 06-02-2018, 01:27 AM   #378
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Honestly, I don’t care about the total height. What I am curious about is how do these Marvel Bowen pieces look side by side with the DC Tweeterhead pieces.

I didn’t realize the pic you posted includes the Linda Carter WW statue at 1/6 next to the Bowen Quicksilver... question answered
Old 06-02-2018, 01:38 AM   #379
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Honestly, I don’t care about the total height. What I am curious about is how do these Marvel Bowen pieces look side by side with the DC Tweeterhead pieces.

I didn’t realize the pic you posted includes the Linda Carter WW statue at 1/6 next to the Bowen Quicksilver... question answered
Well, I was just pointing out that companies used to include the base's height to claim 1/6-scale, which was deceptive. They don't do that anymore. Head to feet is what really counts.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:41 AM   #380
Das Brutah
The Avengers

I appreciate the info and you sharing this. Much appreciated. Thanks.

I have a bunch of Bowen statues. Would love DC statues that matched the same character sizes.

Thanks again.