Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 02-25-2022, 05:08 PM   #31
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate it. No big deal if it's a hassle.

I hadn't logged in in years. My last purchase being Alucard four years ago... Didn't know I had ~$60 Rewards with them, but maybe I'll use them on Richter. I thought they might have expired since I thought F4F changed their Reward system?
Not a hassle. I had other pictures to take today. I think people complained enough on Facebook that F4F decided not to go the SS route with their reward points.

Anyway, the holes are small but noticeable. I have found going to your local hardware store and buying flexible black/grey weatherstripping and matching the paint is fantastic for plugging unwanted holes. It works wonders on the XM Transformers. I'm 99% sure this is how the familiar is going to attach onto Deaths back/shoulder. There will be a pin to key into his back. Whether or not there's another one, we won't know till we get some assembly pictures off FB. Simon's scabbard was a simple single small peg too. I think you'll be fine not displaying him as long as you're not constantly rotating him around exposing the hole.

Many of the Prime 1 Transformers actually come with parts that hide holes. Last Knight Megatron's back and arm holes where his shield is placed actually has pieces of armor to fill in the holes. More companies should do this. Those pieces are usually small and should be inexpensive to make.

eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 06:57 PM   #32
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Thanks for that.

Yeah, I was already thinking about how the key could be hidden. The familiar appears to just attach to that draped shoulder piece. That piece itself could detach, and be keyed underneath, so they could include two of them. One with a key on the surface for the familiar, and one without. Of course, I doubt they do anything about it.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 10:01 PM   #33
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Debating the Exclusive again...

Can't believe that's the best F4F could do, regarding the familiar attachment. This shouldn't be a decision that I have to think twice about, but I like him with and without.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:29 PM   #34
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Debating the Exclusive again...

Can't believe that's the best F4F could do, regarding the familiar attachment. This shouldn't be a decision that I have to think twice about, but I like him with and without.
Ha ha… I went with the exclusive because I grabbed the exclusives for the others. The same could be said about the bat on Dracula. The only reason it’s there is because of the artwork. So treat it like that. The familiar is part of Death’s artwork. I’m OCD and even I wouldn’t mind the hole in the shoulder as long as I couldn’t see it. I’m going to guess you don’t care about the base pikes?
Old 03-01-2022, 12:21 AM   #35
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Ha ha? I went with the exclusive because I grabbed the exclusives for the others. The same could be said about the bat on Dracula. The only reason it?s there is because of the artwork. So treat it like that. The familiar is part of Death?s artwork. I?m OCD and even I wouldn?t mind the hole in the shoulder as long as I couldn?t see it. I?m going to guess you don?t care about the base pikes?
Obviously I'm obsessive too, and I too have the Exclusives for Simon and Alucard. It doesn't help that I asked the opinion of my best friend (non-statue-collector) and he said he'd take the Standard, "100% hands down"! lol

The pikes are fine. They're not a huge deal, but I lean toward having them as it makes it just that much more environmental. Something about having 'Death' on a simple round pedestal seems 'off', even if the stone is inspired by the castle entrance scene. The pikes help, imo.

My friend is a Castlevania fan too, but (this being an obvious SotN Death) he said NOT having the companion helps him envision this as Death from the first Castlevania as well. I don't think I really agree with that sentiment though... lol
Old 03-01-2022, 11:50 AM   #36
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm in a similar boat. I have all the EXs but here I'm leaning towards the Reg.
I get that, like Dracula, it's based on the artwork and that fine but to me having bats on Dracula is fine because even in game he transforms into them.
But for me the scene with Death doesn't have the familiar so I don't really want him on its shoulder... I'm also not a fan of the way they did the spikes.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:33 PM   #37
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Yeah, the familiar isn't in the game, and it's funny that even though they use the official art for the portrait when Death is talking, they crop that little guy out of it, so most people have no idea he's there! lol

If he had just been some little sprite on this shoulder in-game, I wouldn't even think about it. These are based on the artwork because it's more detailed, but they're still taking their cues from the actual sprites. See: Alucard Twilight edition red cloak with white collar.

Old 03-01-2022, 04:51 PM   #38
eternalblue02

I think they should have just added longer pikes behind him with bodies or maybe that spinning vortex as the EX. Less confusion. They make extravagant bases for Sonic it’s not like they can’t do it. Now it makes me wonder what pose and EX Richter’s going to have. He better not be spread eagle or looking derpy like his art. The EX will probably be Shafts orb.
Old 03-01-2022, 05:03 PM   #39
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

They should have done a lot more with this. As I said, I'm very happy with Death himself, but their decisions on this are overly cost-driven, minimal, lack effort, etc. It's a half-hearted effort, and I get the sense they're hedging because they don't think it will sell well. Maybe true.

Hey, I'm very glad they did it, but I can't come to a good decision about this one, and it's all down to the smallest, dumbest of nitpicks. arg
Old 03-01-2022, 05:23 PM   #40
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I think they should have just added longer pikes behind him with bodies or maybe that spinning vortex as the EX. Less confusion. They make extravagant bases for Sonic it?s not like they can?t do it. Now it makes me wonder what pose and EX Richter?s going to have. He better not be spread eagle or looking derpy like his art. The EX will probably be Shafts orb.
I believe they're going with Kojima's design, right? People love her, and I have some nostalgia for her designs, but honestly...regarding some of her Castlevania work, I don't think they're that good (...I've seen other outside works that are impressive). Some works show poor grasp of proportion/perspective. And, many of her characters look wayyy too similar, and the clothing is way too similar, even with characters separated by long periods of time.

I'll buy her version of Richter if it's the only thing available, but the Rondo version is preferable. The best version imo is Harmony of Despair artwork. It's basically Rondo, but more detailed/better drawn.