Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 06-08-2018, 12:06 PM   #111
ukshaun
Hercules

Gentle Giant - The Walking Dead Michonne

My latest acquisition, Michonne from The Walking Dead. Long sold out on the Gentle Giant website, I spotted a brand new one going for a *good price on ebay. The good news is, the statue arrived in perfect shape, and the quality is the usual GG quality, which is high. The sword is made from metal and there is a fabric item of clothing with a hood, which I decided not to make use of.

When Gentle Giant first put The Walking Dead line up for pre order, they were priced at $399. I paid the full wack for Maggie Greene, which totalled $624.00 ($399 + $130 p&p + 20% Import $80 + $15 clearance fee $624) which is a high price for a statue that has no base, other than a clear circular base.

While I have no intention of obtaining all the GG ¼ pieces from The Walking Dead, I am tempted possibly to hunt down Rick Grimes and Daryl Dixon

*Gentle Giant $399.00
Shipping $130.00
20% Import $80.00
Clearance Fee $15.00
Total $624.00 (£465.00)

I paid a total of $293.69 (£218.91)

Michonne $139.99
Shipping $94.20
Import VAT $44.42
Clearance Fee $15.08
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #112
ukshaun
Hercules

Gentle Giant - The Walking Dead Michonne

Another shot, experimenting using a screen for a backdrop.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #113
ukshaun
Hercules

Gentle Giant - The Walking Dead Daryl Dixon

Just one photo for now. I want to take more, possibly outside, when i find time.

Two differences i spotted between the prototype and the production piece included:
1. (arrows) Black arrow shafts on production. Silver arrow shafts on prototype
2. (crossbow) Silver front section on production. Black front section on prototype

Daryl Dixon reprensts my latest acquisition and 3rd character from The Walking Dead. Long sold out on the Gentle Giant website, I spotted one going for a *super price on ebay, and it was located in the UK, so none of the dreaded 20% import tax, and the seller offered free p&p. This is the lowest price i've managed to obtain a 1/4 scale statue so far

The good news is, the statue arrived in perfect shape, and the quality is the usual GG quality. I decided not to display Daryl with his poncho, as to be honest, it was near to impossible to display correctly. I got the poncho into the correct position, but the material lacked the weight to hang correctly.

*Gentle Giant $399.00
Shipping $130.00
20% Import $80.00
Clearance Fee $15.00
Total $624.00 (£465.00)

I paid a total of $125.79 (££93.99)

Daryl Dixon $125.79
Shipping $00.00
Import VAT $00.00
Clearance Fee $00.00

Maggie Greene, Dead Michonne, Daryl Dixon
sharing one IKEA Detolf

I will probably draw the line at these three. If were to go for a 4th, Rick Grimes would the one
Old 07-07-2018, 10:08 AM   #114
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Gentle Giant - The Walking Dead Daryl Dixon

Just one photo for now. I want to take more, possibly outside, when i find time.

Two differences i spotted between the prototype and the production piece included:
1. (arrows) Black arrow shafts on production. Silver arrow shafts on prototype
2. (crossbow) Silver front section on production. Black front section on prototype

Daryl Dixon reprensts my latest acquisition and 3rd character from The Walking Dead. Long sold out on the Gentle Giant website, I spotted one going for a *super price on ebay, and it was located in the UK, so none of the dreaded 20% import tax, and the seller offered free p&p. This is the lowest price i've managed to obtain a 1/4 scale statue so far

The good news is, the statue arrived in perfect shape, and the quality is the usual GG quality. I decided not to display Daryl with his poncho, as to be honest, it was near to impossible to display correctly. I got the poncho into the correct position, but the material lacked the weight to hang correctly.

*Gentle Giant $399.00
Shipping $130.00
20% Import $80.00
Clearance Fee $15.00
Total $624.00 (£465.00)

I paid a total of $125.79 (££93.99)

Daryl Dixon $125.79
Shipping $00.00
Import VAT $00.00
Clearance Fee $00.00

Maggie Greene, Dead Michonne, Daryl Dixon
sharing one IKEA Detolf

I will probably draw the line at these three. If were to go for a 4th, Rick Grimes would the one
Nice pick ups
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:43 AM   #115
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Nice Collection. I'm too shy to exhibit the half naked and naked ladies in my house like that though, i'm worried what would my parents say or what would the guests think... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #116
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Nice Collection. I'm too shy to exhibit the half naked and naked ladies in my house like that though, i'm worried what would my parents say or what would the guests think... lol
Some of those are back in their boxes. For space (lack of) issues
Old 07-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #117
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow - Black Widow – Scarlett Johansson PF AP

The latest addition to my collection. This rendition of Black Widow has been in my thoughts for quite sometime. In some ways the mixed media piece feels slightly dated, and at the same time there is a real sense that sculptor, Trevor Grove, had a genuine passion during his time working on Black Widow. This piece also represents my 1st artist proof
Old 07-20-2018, 11:01 AM   #118
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow - Lady Deadpool PF EX (unmasked Portrait)

Lady Deadpool arrived today, direct from Sideshow Collectibles

The box is large, much larger than other Sideshow ¼ PF boxes I‘ve had arrive. All in all, the piece turned out great. The tyre paint app turned out exceptionally well. Both portraits are easy to attach, detach, with no sign of movement (bobble). I wish the sword was made from metal. A mention has to go to the paint app on the EX portrait, as it looks really good, more than the usual single color skin tone. Thumbs up to Sideshow and their production processes.

Negatives:
Some parts, such as the boots appear to be made from plastic, along with other parts including the sword holder, hands, gun, missile, various other small parts.

Hair cast is ok, lumpy, graining in places. Similar to the quality seen on Emma Frost PF. This is one area factories appear to be struggling with, still.

Issues:
Head carrying dynamite has a scratch on the top (i've contacted Sideshow)
Headlamp lens fell out as I lifted it out the box (I can fix this)
Shipper + Art box arrived damaged, with 3 holes punched into it (no big deal, as Lady Deadpool is a keeper)

Note:
Lady Deadpool is too large to squeeze inside an IKEA Detolf cabinet
Old 07-23-2018, 04:17 PM   #119
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Such a great collection! Thank you for the detailed pictures, commentary, and links! The effort is greatly appreciated!!!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:49 PM   #120
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Such a great collection! Thank you for the detailed pictures, commentary, and links! The effort is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks. My photo's are improving, slowly. I have a tripod now, which helps