Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 11-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Who knows. They are having issues due to the hurricane. I got an email saying things were gonna be delayed.
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #22
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
Does Bowen ship Internationally?..
Though Bowen does not Sideshow carries their product and does ship Internationally.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #23
Weapon XXX
Frackin!

Ordered but I wish the color scheme was more like this...
Weapon XXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:50 AM   #24
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Not really liking this one. The first one is better.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #25
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Being the case that there is no much going on here as of lately, I decided to bump an old thread just for fun.

A couple of weeks ago on my youtube channel, I uploaded a video review of this awesome and underrated piece. I hope you like it.

Bowen Classic Action Cable Review

Bowen Classic Action Cable Review

I also created a display showcase video of Cable with Bishop and Action Deadpool. That was a blast!

90's Marvel Renegades: Bowen Bishop, Cable and Deadpool Display Showcase Video

90's Marvel Renegades: Bowen Bishop, Cable and Deadpool Display Showcase Video

Thanks for checking out my videos. I highly appreciate the support.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #26
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Great review JP...Man sweet display. This is what collecting is all about
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #27
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Great review JP...Man sweet display. This is what collecting is all about
Thanks, my dear friend. Sure thing! This is what collecting is all 'bout.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:17 AM   #28
gomur
The Tick

Great review, JP. Having spent a small fortune on that Retro Cable (Sentinel Head), I have no qualms stating that Classic Cable holds his own admirably. I just love the pads upon pads look and of course the exaggerated array of weapons. The dynamic pose is very 90's and a stark contrast to the reserved Retro Cable. Classic is also a little larger than Retro, making it easier to display alongside Kotos, although angles and placement work on both counts.

Not to say Classic Cable is flawless. I agree with you that his portrait is off. Maybe the Kuchareks were going for a strange Liefeld expression? I do think Retro's portrait is more Cable-esque and his is THE BEST Sentinel base out there.

Ultimately, owners of Classic Cable should feel proud and more than satisfied of their possession, especially at the tremendous cost differential. If you can spare the cash however - not that I'm rolling in dough - it does feel good to own a statue that is both beautiful and with a low edition size like Retro. 2K is a bit much though. My price was a bargain by comparison... but not really.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #29
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Great review, JP. Having spent a small fortune on that Retro Cable (Sentinel Head), I have no qualms stating that Classic Cable holds his own admirably. I just love the pads upon pads look and of course the exaggerated array of weapons. The dynamic pose is very 90's and a stark contrast to the reserved Retro Cable. Classic is also a little larger than Retro, making it easier to display alongside Kotos, although angles and placement work on both counts.

Not to say Classic Cable is flawless. I agree with you that his portrait is off. Maybe the Kuchareks were going for a strange Liefeld expression? I do think Retro's portrait is more Cable-esque and his is THE BEST Sentinel base out there.

Ultimately, owners of Classic Cable should feel proud and more than satisfied of their possession, especially at the tremendous cost differential. If you can spare the cash however - not that I'm rolling in dough - it does feel good to own a statue that is both beautiful and with a low edition size like Retro. 2K is a bit much though. My price was a bargain by comparison... but not really.
I agree, Gomur. Both pieces are great in their own right. I love the action pose and the detail of the classic, but dislike the lack of bulk and the rounded face. The Retro has a better portrait and a killer base, but lacks size and the colors are more muted. All in all, I love the concept of both and the ability to display them in various forms alongside 1/6 scale pieces from different manufacturers.

What sets the Retro apart among collectors is the very low ES, IMO. As beautiful and rare as it is, I will never pay $2000 for this piece or any other unless I hit the lotto. Fingers crossed.