Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #801
Darth Milo
Hydra

It's a great piece, I love this replica!

My only disappointment is that the factory made the cable on the rocket arm too short, so now it's (after Paul's modification) on top of the yellow warning sign.

And they forgot to paint this correctly :

I don't know if it was ever mentioned but I'm also curious why these parts aren't included in the replica :

Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:53 PM   #802
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

They aren't included because Phil pulled them off and threw them away while animating ED-209. They don't exist...so we made it the way Phil's puppet was displayed. It don't have the center toe cap on top that lays just below the hood, Phil removed it as well. We were able to replicate that piece from the original masters.

As for the paint, the counter sample was correct, but somewhere between the sample and production they screwed up.

When we produced the 1-1 Endoskull we pulled several samples from the production run and had them sent over for quality control before anything shipped.

Paul

Last edited by Chronicle CS; 08-17-2015 at 12:00 AM.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #803
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Regarding those darker grey components...I compared mine with the original photos and the difference is not that they've used the wrong grey but they've weathered it to such extent one would think they painted it the wrong grey colour(looking at it from a far)...closeby I can see clearly the same grey with some heavy weathering on it...personally I don't see this as a flaw.It probably should not have been weathered that heavily but I like it this way.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:57 PM   #804
Darth Milo
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
Regarding those darker grey components...I compared mine with the original photos and the difference is not that they've used the wrong grey but they've weathered it to such extent one would think they painted it the wrong grey colour(looking at it from a far)...closeby I can see clearly the same grey with some heavy weathering on it...personally I don't see this as a flaw.It probably should not have been weathered that heavily but I like it this way.
Not on mine .. only the chin and the heat exhaust have the correct color but the rest is plain grey.

Here is CAIN MKII's ED-209 for comparison.. with little to none weathering on those parts (just like mine).. note the correct color on ED's chin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
N°161

Original stop motion puppet :

But besides these mistakes I'm very happy to own this beautiful replica!
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #805
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Armored,

Really appreciate the kind words, ED & Cain were two very difficult pieces to make, far more so that people think.

For me it's a dream come true to get actual casting of the real puppets used in the film. The Tippett team was amazing getting these broken down and molded and I feel Toynami did an excellent job with a difficult project.

I wish ED-209 had performed like Cain, but at the end of the day we'll sell the remaining ED-209s we have in stock. When people actually see one of these next to the toys that have been produced it's night and days difference.

I'm a collector too, I hear all the good and bad and I try to change how we improve our products with each one. We've hired new people and hopefully we'll get the process down to an art.

I want to make ART not statues.....

Paul
Paul,

You're welcome. You are right, Toynami did a great job, they always does (ECC, Cinemaquette)! I love the weathering.
There are fews things that bothers me, but in fact it bothers me because i paid the high price for it, i'm angry againt myself for not buying it when it was at 999$...

I hope my pictures will encourage people to buy it!

I hope that for the future you will be more vigilant with the factory (paint mistake..) because i'm agree to pay high price if the production is on par
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:53 AM   #806
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Waa, you guys are really looking at this with a magnifying glass Personally i am happy as long as there are no broken parts with this piece.

Not to offend anyone but in my opinion the expectations are not realistic given the details of this piece and it's a factory produced piece. To get all those details right, they need someone who knows the character, sitting at the factory floor examining each piece as they are been made.

I been to a few of those factories that makes sideshow pieces in guangzhou china, the guys there have no clue they simply follow the sample as best as they can and still get many things wrong, and those are simple projects nothing like the ed-209

Personally i think what chronicle was able to achieve using those factories are amazing, as are their dedication to quality - you can see it's a company that really cares and tries vs the other brands that have no love for the products but simply churning for profits.

To achieve the perfection some of you are expecting, you need a real artist who understands the character to make each of those pieces, which is not practical. The only mass produced statue i can think of that achieved this in the many many years I have been collecting is again the yoshihiko sano alien, where the dude sat there and sculpted and painted every single piece himself.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #807
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Thank you so much for the kind words.

We have tried so hard to raise the bar, but some will only find the flaws in the flaws in the product. I think that people have been getting crap for so long that when something cool and new comes along that's well made, they are so engrained on it being horrible they have to find anything wrong.

We want to change that, I want to make cool stuff that people will enjoy and if it's a prop replica we'll do our best to make sure it's as close as possible.

Thank you again for the kind words and I like hearing the good with the bad. I take it all and we will only get better based on your comments.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:08 PM   #808
jojedagui
Doh!

I got my ED209

Amazing job!

Thanks!

Please release Robocop!
jojedagui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:15 PM   #809
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Congratulation
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #810
jojedagui
Doh!

Thank you!

There are more pictures

Hope you like it
jojedagui is offline   Reply With Quote