Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-10-2021, 10:08 AM   #2401
f1d
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks. This is actually my first time on any forum ever (really any form of public discourse). I think I need to learn the proper etiquette and protocol (I need C-3PO - get it) so sorry for these long posts, especially the last one. That one was ridiculous; I don't even think I would read it and I wrote it. I will keep all future posts at seventy-five words or less. Thanks for the welcome.
f1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:46 AM   #2402
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1d View Post
I think we may not get any updates until after the Obon Holidays - I think their website says their offices are closed.
3D model is probably done. Now they need to paint it and take photos.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #2403
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
I don't think such a small piece would be a detriment to production and paint quality; it seems simple and there are no wires or electronics for lights, just an extra little piece of polystone or plastic or whatever it would be made of - of course I do not work in the industry so I don't know. Also, it is not really coming out of left field or anything as I have already mentioned why the damaged gauntlet is important to me and the story/plot since it is the reason the Predator revealed himself in the first place because if it worked he would have continued to fight Dutch (Arnold) while camouflaged and so Dutch would not have had the upper hand (flipping the script since Dutch was camouflaged with mud). It would have been two camouflaged entities fighting each other - weird.

I do agree that if they do not excel with the paint apps (and really achieve that film accuracy), then all the extra swaps and bonus stuff is pretty much worthless. That is definitely important. Also, yeah I may be falling into that trap of asking "oh just one more thing - please?" It does need to stop at some point, similar to a director telling an editor or producer - "wait just one little thing" - like nah - we gotta stay on budget and we have deadlines to keep - so I get it.

So, I'll say this, I do plan on emailing them after the Obon Holidays - they will probably say no which is fine. And believe me, if it was between an incredible paint app and this little extra piece of a damaged gauntlet, I would take the paint app any day - truly - but it may not have to be that way, maybe we can have both. Also, if they do it, which they probably won't, and it turned out that the extra time devoted to painting this piece resulted in lackluster paint apps as a whole (missed wet effect here - misaligned paint on head there), I would regret asking and probably live out the rest of my days in shame lol. It really would suck though. Anyway, I have a feeling this piece will be incredible and that production will go smoothly, and I just can't wait to have this in my home.

Thank you all for your input and honest reactions to this by the way.
I already sent them emails about it. I fully agree with you about that damaged computer plate. They should include it.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:44 AM   #2404
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Thanks. This is actually my first time on any forum ever (really any form of public discourse). I think I need to learn the proper etiquette and protocol (I need C-3PO - get it) so sorry for these long posts, especially the last one. That one was ridiculous; I don't even think I would read it and I wrote it. I will keep all future posts at seventy-five words or less. Thanks for the welcome.
You can say whatever you want man... I ain't stopping ya. I'm just telling you, they got enough on their plate as it is. Not just with this 1:3 Pred, but keep in mind with tons of other statues from different franchises. I feel there's plenty of switch outs as it sits now to make anyone happy. The more parts to produce & paint could take away from what's really important was my point.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:31 PM   #2405
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Good work!

Is that true, about the City Hunter?
Could not stay behind. Now im in for bust and P2 too.
But have to say, i was more thrilled about the 1:4 CoverArt when that was shown for first time.
As Vile Guile mentioned, Prime need to concentrate on the paint. otherwise this becomes most expensive paperweight.

Yes no kiddin, container with statues damaged (or lost in storm / maybe stuck in Egypt >100days). Exact reason they did not tell me, but confirmed city hunter had to be reshipped. Delay of 4 months, so i assume they make new batch for the quantity that was in it.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 03:14 PM   #2406
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Could not stay behind. Now im in for bust and P2 too.
But have to say, i was more thrilled about the 1:4 CoverArt when that was shown for first time.
As Vile Guile mentioned, Prime need to concentrate on the paint. otherwise this is most expensive paperweight.

Yes no kiddin, container with statues damaged (or lost in storm / maybe stuck in Egypt >100days). Exact reason they did not tell me, but confirmed city hunter had to be reshipped. Delay of 4 months, so i assume they make new batch for it.
Hey Halcyon, do you know if the prime 1 studios Cyborg Superman statue was on the shipping container also?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 04:43 PM   #2407
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I already sent them emails about it. I fully agree with you about that damaged computer plate. They should include it.
Good job Demon!

LETS MAKE THIS ULTIMATE!!!!!!!

...one for the record books
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 05:58 AM   #2408
f1d
Doh!

Shoot, I wish I noticed this earlier. In one of the promotional videos, when they open the gauntlet to reveal the countdown sequence, they switch the light on and, if my eyes didn't deceive me, it looks like the top piece lights up as well, which means it is all one circuit, which means there is most likely wires/ribbon running through the hinges (with the wires likely soldered/plugged into and inside the top piece of the gauntlet). So, the gauntlet, as it stands now, is most likely just permanently set in place.

This means that an extra damaged piece would not be easy to implement. It appears that it would not be as simple as removing the top light up piece from the hinge and then putting in its place the damaged piece. Of course, I do not work at Prime 1, so I do not know exactly how they designed and executed the circuitry of the gauntlet, but I get the feeling they will probably have to pass here since it would likely require a straight up redesign to include it – just basing this on the video I looked at. So probably not worth the time and effort and money to include it (maybe if this was brought to their attention when it was first revealed, they could have).

To that I must preemptively say: darn, I would have loved to display the countdown sequence with the damaged top plate (as it is in the film). Of course, my eyes could be deceiving me as it is hard to tell for certain.

By the way, thanks for emailing them Jungle Demon - it is worth a shot.

And either way, I am happy. I would not have preordered it otherwise, so I am excited, and I really can’t wait to have one of the nine-hundred and ninety-nine DXS versions on display in my home.
f1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 06:09 AM   #2409
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

The CM had a, sort of, countdown sequence when opened, I think I used it once.
The more light up features on a statue is more that can fail imo. My 1:1 Bio target lazer has failed which doesn't bother me as it still looks cool but would be an issue if I every decided to try and sell it.
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 06:09 AM   #2410
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote