Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-30-2023, 06:21 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Tom King Batman Run

I just realised i forgot to send my review of Tom King Batman Run to the forum. So here it is;

I am pleasantly surprised by how Tom King tried to write Batman in a more sophisticated level than the book's average adventures. Tom King really tried to write meaningful Batman stories and as a Batman fan, this really meant alot to me for a while.

Who would have guessed, they would see quotations from Sheakspeare to Fitzgerald in Batman stories. It was amazing. I really appreciated Tom King's effort to write more sophisticated Batman stories and they were not pretentious for sure, they worked ! (: I was super happy. Now, i really wish Tom King's run was 100 issues long. Too bad he had to finish his run only at 85 issues but there is Batman & Catwoman mini to look forward to.

I must admit i don't know the old dialects of english. They have never thought old dialects of english in school to me in my aducation life. I bearly understand half of what anyone says in bible in that old english dialect lol Same goes for Sheakspeare as well... I owe whatever i understand from Sheakspeare to turkish translations. lol I didn't have much problem about the Sheakspeare poem quotation in Batman though because Penguin explained what the poem meant afterwards, and it was touching. Poor Pengi... It is hard to lose your love of life. Even if i didn't know Penguen had one until The Tyrant Wing adventure in the run. I really liked Batman and Catwoman romance btw, now that was the part for me. Kite Man's origin story was sad, it really touched me. How he spited God with each Hell Yeah was so awesome. Batman's definition as an Ateist in the run was awesome as well.

Even though my entsuaism for some parts of Tom King's Batman Run...as you would have guessed this review was not written in one sit down, i started to write it after i read the 4th deluxe. I had mixed feelings about Tom King's run overall once i finished it. How he cynicaly mocked Batman at some parts as something stupid really got to my nerws. If you think someting is stupid, change that, make Batman a better comics... Just like They did in the Films. What was all these pointing out this and that was so stupid about Batman... So annoying. Satire parts of Tom King's Run were fine for a short while, i really enjoyed Bat-Burger. Jokerized Fries part really cracked me up but later on he kept the satire too long and he mantioned the Bat Cow... I hate Bat Cow...

The Final of The Tom King's Run. The City of Bane part, now that was something that deserved mocking. Bane's plan to take down Batman was really really ridiculously intricit, so perfectly played out part by part by Bane that it was really just RIDICULOUS. It looks like Tom King doesn't have such a genious pen as much as he would like to think.

overall 6/10
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:37 AM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

DK, you get a medal for trudging through Tom King. I couldn’t make past 3 of his Batman comics.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:34 AM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
DK, you get a medal for trudging through Tom King. I couldn?t make past 3 of his Batman comics.
Same.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 02:42 PM   #4
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

It wasn't the best run for Batman for sure, but it wasn't super horrendous like you made it sound.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:21 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

That does it... Just look at these panels from Batman/Catwoman. Tom King ----s on the most sacred part of Batman mythos. The death of Bruce's parents. And what the hell is ''vengeace is the night'' i have never heard Batman say someting stupid like that before except Tom King run. Don't make up stupid ---- and act like that is part of Batman mythos Tom King. That's it... Tom King shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Batman books ever again.
Old 09-13-2023, 08:35 AM   #6
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
That does it... Just look at these panels from Batman/Catwoman. Tom King ----s on the most sacret part of Batman mythos. The death of Bruce's parents. And what the hell is ''vengeace is the night'' i have never heard Batman say someting stupid like that before except Tom King run. Don't make up stupid ---- and act like that is part of Batman mythos Tom King. That's it... Tom King shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Batman books ever again.
You hit the nail on the head brother. Talk about someone who has failed upward, he is it.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:10 AM   #7
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head brother. Talk about someone who has failed upward, he is it.
Tom King is a mistake. The only stupid parents I can think of here are Tom King's parents because they didn't abort him.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:47 AM   #8
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Tom King is a mistake. The only stupid parents I can think of here are Tom King's parents because they didn't abort him.
Lol, maybe I wouldn't go quite that far. I would say he needs to learn how to code or something.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:01 AM   #9
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Lol, maybe I wouldn't go quite that far. I would say he needs to learn how to code or something.
Why not, he totally went too far by making Bruce call his deceased parents stupid.