Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-23-2023, 08:08 AM   #41
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Showed this to my husband, he debated it but then said "While I do love this story and this statue, collecting statues is more your thing and I'd have no place to put it."

Whew.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:57 AM   #42
goatchumby
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Showed this to my husband, he debated it but then said "While I do love this story and this statue, collecting statues is more your thing and I'd have no place to put it."

Whew.
Hah! I'm sure at least a few of us in this hobby can relate:

"Honey! The thing that I followed throughout years of development has finally arrived! Isn't it cool?!"

"Sure, what do you want for dinner?"

goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 11:10 PM   #43
BladeoftheMoon
Birdman

Received 2/3 boxes today from Secret Compass. the other one should be here tomorrow I think?

I had originally ordered the regular edition but SC couldn't get it. So they switched me over to the Exclusive for about the same price, very cool of them.

Unfortunately the lights don't seem to work and the batteries might be corroded? It's not a huge issue for me just would have been neat. The detail and size is EPIC already I can't wait to put the rest together!

She's #22 love the lower numbers

BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 12:06 AM   #44
BladeoftheMoon
Birdman

Final pics. I had to replace all the batteries and the Blue Dragon head seems a bit wonky in the wiring still. one seam in the white dragon neck base. The biggest issue was one claw being broken off the back leg and more annoying the spine/webbing on top of her Red Dragon head was broken in a few pieces. All in all I still love her. She's HUGE which make up for a lot of the small problems. Just look at her compared to Smaug!

Old 05-23-2023, 12:40 PM   #45
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
Final pics. I had to replace all the batteries and the Blue Dragon head seems a bit wonky in the wiring still. one seam in the white dragon neck base. The biggest issue was one claw being broken off the back leg and more annoying the spine/webbing on top of her Red Dragon head was broken in a few pieces. All in all I still love her. She's HUGE which make up for a lot of the small problems. Just look at her compared to Smaug!

I just received my lady last week and finally unboxed her.

I had two breaks on mine but minor. Fin Spike on Red and Beard Spike on White.

But the issue I'm experiencing are that none of the heads light up. How did you replace the battery and do you know what type it takes? I found where they are but I don't want ot break it
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 01:04 PM   #46
qz33
Rescue

Sounds like another fine Chinese quality product!
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 01:57 AM   #47
BladeoftheMoon
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I just received my lady last week and finally unboxed her.

I had two breaks on mine but minor. Fin Spike on Red and Beard Spike on White.

But the issue I'm experiencing are that none of the heads light up. How did you replace the battery and do you know what type it takes? I found where they are but I don't want ot break it
Just pop the heads off and on the back of each is a compartment to hold the batteries. I used these from Amazon as they were the cheapest I could find : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They really should just have done a USB type plug in system, the heads could just connect to a port inside allowing the lights to function.