Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-21-2023, 09:11 PM   #331
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New View Post
I'm not on the fence, I want this piece, but I'm in the UK - the piece is full price so do I wait and hope it is discounted again (before it sells out altogether)? Do I consider Sideshow Seconds, not knowing the condition of the box and internal packaging (bearing in mind my demon has to travel overseas)?
One must also have faith that Pumpkinhead will be free of damage or defects...so much uncertainty.

I'm new to statue collecting (as I have been collecting Nanmu dinosaurs and they don't count) so given everyone else's experience with Sideshow, if I wait in the hope that it'll go on sale again am I likely to be rewarded for my patience or sadly disappointed?
Yeah tough call... Given the way this turned out and everything I'm kinda surprised it's lasted this long to be honest but I guess it is a lot of $ for a piece that's got more of a cult classic character appeal going for it. I had an issue with my first order, which was only the tail but they made me return the whole thing so they could piece it together themselves from the warehouse. The problem with that was they didn't just fit a new tail, they took pieces from all over including a new base with the same ES number copied on it and my impression was nothing really quite fit together as it should. I sent that back, cancelled my order for refund and then reordered for a fresh one which turned out great. If you're in the UK though that probably sounds like a big expensive hassle not even worth going through. Considering this isn't even showing a low stock warning yet I'd say you have time to bank on another sale. If you're not particular about exclusives you should have lots of time to grab a regular version down the road too. Also maybe worth mentioning that it seems I was in the minority with my luck on the first one, as in general there seems to be no major issues with orders I've heard of. And it seems to travel well in it's packaging as I haven't heard of any broken fingers etc.. In any case, this is definitely a piece worth getting if you're even a casual fan a Pumpkinhead. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 10:42 PM   #332
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ mine arrived without any issues, but it’s possible I received a returned item. The hole in the base that the foot peg inserts into, had a loose peg in the base. But the foot peg was still attached to the body. Very odd, for there were no other issues and the paint where the peg hole is was unscathed. And I’m sure everyone of us “misses the hole” almost every time, at the very least leaving small evidence of paint scuffs. Not sure what to think, but I’m happy with the purchase.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 11:41 PM   #333
V8Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
^ mine arrived without any issues, but it?s possible I received a returned item. The hole in the base that the foot peg inserts into, had a loose peg in the base. But the foot peg was still attached to the body. Very odd, for there were no other issues and the paint where the peg hole is was unscathed. And I?m sure everyone of us ?misses the hole? almost every time, at the very least leaving small evidence of paint scuffs. Not sure what to think, but I?m happy with the purchase.
That is strange.. but if the only issue then not so bad.
Old 05-28-2023, 10:46 PM   #334
NipRing
Frackin!

YESSSSS!!! I won a Howling 1/4 scale on eBay!! I cannot wait to put these two together!!
NipRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 02:23 AM   #335
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ congrats. post those pics when you can.
Old 06-01-2023, 08:58 PM   #336
NipRing
Frackin!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...81724832429192

This isn't where they'll normally be, i just put em together for this pic

Edit* i see i can't link to my pic on fb... its been a while since I've used a forum.
NipRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 12:00 PM   #337
V8Falcon

I got to meet Lance Henriksen at Montreal Comicon this weekend. Such a nice man. I brought this as an opportunity to get signed by him, knowing that although he didn't actually play Pumpkinhead in the film my thought was that he did play the part of Ed Harley who was linked to the creature and became a part of the Pumkinhead cycle. Anyway he had no issue signing it and I got to talk to him for a bit.

Getting this there was a nightmare. Imagine trying to transport a 20 lb. wedding cake using public transportation and walking amongst thick crowds of people everywhere without damaging anything. I just happened to have a perfect size box though and lined that with a bunch of bubble wrap. I couldn't even lay it down on the table for the signing for fear of breaking off some detail around the edges. I had to hold it up from out of the box while he signed it, even planning exactly where was safe to grab around the edges.

I had also brought along the Ed Harley swap out head, which for a good moment thought that might be the only thing I should bring and hope he had a fine enough tipped pen to just sign under that instead and save the hassle of lugging the full base. I figured if there was time I could just quickly show him what it looked like in case he had never seen it and since it was partly modelled after his face. I didn't want to hold up the line too long though so went over to get a signing from Michael Biehn (also a good dude). When I was done there was nobody at Lance's table so I just quickly walked back up and asked if he'd like to see the head piece. As we where talking about it his money handler left to take a washroom break or something and he gave me a wink as he quickly grabbed a marker to sign under the head, no charge.

It's a bit shaky and goes a little outside the line of concealment when connected to the statue but you know what, I'm fine with it in this case because it was done by Lance. He also added Bishop, lol. Not sure why, but I had also gotten him to sign my Aliens book just before too so maybe still had that in mind as probably his most famous character role.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230714_1946221.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	163480   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230714_1957491.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	163481  
Old 07-15-2023, 02:06 PM   #338
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ awesome score, brother! The effort was worth it.
Old 07-15-2023, 04:38 PM   #339
V8Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
^ awesome score, brother! The effort was worth it.
Thanks buddy, I think so too!
Old 07-15-2023, 06:16 PM   #340
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Falcon View Post
Thanks buddy, I think so too!
Mission accomplished. Nothing better than when it all goes as planned or even better. Awesome story. Congrats!
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote