Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-21-2023, 06:26 AM   #851
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Even if they limit this to 250 pieces, it's Ivy who conveniently gets a lot of green-skinned repaints released for her regular statues.

So, maybe, this Ivy gets 250 releases, but then maybe another 100 EX releases on top of that. Then you get the green skin re-release with the same numbers, and now all of the sudden you see 700 statues in total being released for one sculpt *shrugs*
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 08:18 AM   #852
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

But I don’t want the green skin. . (Me personally).
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:28 AM   #853
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Its a fiasco because he didnt get one and is now butthurt about it. They tried something new, due to lagging sales, and this was the result. It's not as if this is the one and only iteration of the character. I mean, if they were going to try and goose the collector market in a different direction, I would sure rather they did it on a piece that has ample other versions I could pick up instead rather than a character that might only ever get that treatment once. I don't think SS feels like they left money on the table when only a couple hundred were ordered after three weeks. My guess is this is a trend they have been seeing on their end on other pieces too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
SS USED to come on here all the time. Crappy posters chased them and pretty much all the other producers/artists off this board. Why would anyone want to come here and give an official explanation? You think you are owed one because you missed out on the 3rd Ivy PF they made?
So from your view the fandom is toxic, they ruined it so even our loyal customers will have to suffer and just put up with whatever SS decides, any feedback will go where it belongs the trash.

This isn't the first time they low ES a statue and pissed people off (xforce psylocke).

It's just poor communication, if sales are suffering, why not be open with your customer base and state due to slowing sales the upcoming PO's will have low edition sizes so get in your order soon as you only have X amount of weeks/months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Doubt they are happy with selling only 250 statues. Plain and simple they are doing this to do a "reset." To get potential buyers to commit right away instead of waiting around for a discount.
This seems to be more like it, but they created a situation where buyers started waiting for discounts. They wanted to allow others to still be able to get previous sculpts.

I get now its not working, so communicate, DC/Marvel licenses are not cheap so of course they would have wanted to sell more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Even if they limit this to 250 pieces, it's Ivy who conveniently gets a lot of green-skinned repaints released for her regular statues.

So, maybe, this Ivy gets 250 releases, but then maybe another 100 EX releases on top of that. Then you get the green skin re-release with the same numbers, and now all of the sudden you see 700 statues in total being released for one sculpt *shrugs*
It has such a low ES already variants usually are a fraction of what the original amount was, so they would be doing 25-50, unsure if that be worth it to them.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:36 AM   #854
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
So from your view the fandom is toxic, they ruined it so even our loyal customers will have to suffer and just put up with whatever SS decides, any feedback will go where it belongs the trash.

This isn't the first time they low ES a statue and pissed people off (xforce psylocke).

It's just poor communication, if sales are suffering, why not be open with your customer base and state due to slowing sales the upcoming PO's will have low edition sizes so get in your order soon as you only have X amount of weeks/months.

This seems to be more like it, but they created a situation where buyers started waiting for discounts. They wanted to allow others to still be able to get previous sculpts.

I get now its not working, so communicate, DC/Marvel licenses are not cheap so of course they would have wanted to sell more.

It has such a low ES already variants usually are a fraction of what the original amount was, so they would be doing 25-50, unsure if that be worth it to them.
No they won't limit themselves with that logic. The original Ivy's green variant had a 2500 ES just like the original and if warranted by sales they could easily set the ES of the variant to exceed the original.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:45 AM   #855
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
No they won't limit themselves with that logic. The original Ivy's green variant had a 2500 ES just like the original and if warranted by sales they could easily set the ES of the variant to exceed the original.
True, I'd put money on them doing an all green version sooner or later. Maybe as a spooktacular surprise reveal
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:23 AM   #856
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

green.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
True, I'd put money on them doing an all green version sooner or later. Maybe as a spooktacular surprise reveal
Well, I suppose if they did release a "green" version, which is a version I would NOT prefer, I suppose I would grab her as I don't have a 1/4 scale Ivy regardless.

Is there not another possibility for a variant edition that could be done other than painting her skin green..?

Maybe a different portrait....or something different to the base...? I don't know......

Considering the OG was a skin change and a couple of plant changes as well, doesn't seem too original.

But again, that's just my opinion I suppose.

Just thoughts......
Old 03-21-2023, 12:26 PM   #857
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Is there not another possibility for a variant edition that could be done other than painting her skin green..?

Maybe a different portrait....or something different to the base...? I don't know......
Based on the history of Poison Ivy statues from Sideshow, Tweeterhead, and Prime1 chances are not good that we'll get a human skin color variant with a different portrait. All 3 companies released poison Ivy variants with a different skin color. The Prime1 variant had a different portrait but the skin color was also different.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 12:34 PM   #858
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Well, I suppose if they did release a "green" version, which is a version I would NOT prefer, I suppose I would grab her as I don't have a 1/4 scale Ivy regardless.

Considering the OG was a skin change and a couple of plant changes as well, doesn't seem too original.

But again, that's just my opinion I suppose.

Just thoughts......
Hopefully your waitlist just converts and be done with it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 01:00 PM   #859
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

good point...but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Based on the history of Poison Ivy statues from Sideshow, Tweeterhead, and Prime1 chances are not good that we'll get a human skin color variant with a different portrait. All 3 companies released poison Ivy variants with a different skin color. The Prime1 variant had a different portrait but the skin color was also different.
...all the more reason for a company to try to do something just a little different. Might be just the opportunity they would need to be different and come out ahead for once.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:01 PM   #860
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

ditto!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Hopefully your waitlist just converts and be done with it.
I truly hope so too.

That was very kind of you to say. Thank you for that.