Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-14-2023, 08:03 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Barry Allen

What do think about the return of Barry Allen as Flash in The Final Crisis ?

I mean Final Crisis was fantastic, i had a blast reading it, but it wasn't perfect. Return of Barry Allen in The Final Crisis ruined comics. It totally killed the legacy in comics. The transition from Barry Allen to Wally West after The Crisis on Infinite Earths was the pilar stone of Legacy...

The Death in Comics became a Joke with The Return of Barry Allen... There are no high stakes now, eveyone who dies, just comes back to life.

DC should have some respect for their own stories and Barry Allen should have stayed dead.

IMHO.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 08:48 AM   #2
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I agree, I never though Barry Allen would return either. His death in Crisis had a lot of meaning.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:46 PM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I agree. His death, sad as it was, was so well handled and noble. Plus there’s so much that was done and still could be done with Wally. I felt it unnecessary to bring him back.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 04:13 PM   #4
Mister H
Green Goblin

How about bringing Hal Jordan back? I’m thankful for that one.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 03:02 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I haven't read Kyle Ryner's run so i don't know how successful that was, when i had access to the original American comics back then in 2003, Geoff Johns, Hal Jordan Green Lantern run started and it is probably the best run of Geoff Johns so far. But if you ask me, dead should stay dead and it is too late for that in comics now, the damage is irreparable. You may get one or two good runs out of everything like The New 52 and all... But it doesn't change the fact that it was a huge mistake, especially in long term.
Old 03-15-2023, 08:09 AM   #6
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I haven't read Kyle Ryner's run so i don't know how successful that was, when i had access to the original American comics back then in 2003, Geoff Johns, Hal Jordan Green Lantern run started and it is probably the best run of Geoff Johns so far. But if you ask me, dead should stay dead and it is too late for that in comics now, the damage is irreparable. You may get one or two good runs out of everything like The New 52 and all... But it doesn't change the fact that it was a huge mistake, especially in long term.
Agreed. As far as Flash goes, I think Wally was on his way to being just as good as Barry. Too bad the character has been treated like garbage lately. Or so I?ve heard. As far as all DC comics go, the characters are all dead to me now. There is plenty of the older stuff to read and re-read though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 08:14 AM   #7
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do not think it was necessary to bring Barry back
I get Hal Jordan coming back because I thought him having a mental break down and becoming parallax at the time was kind of stupid but I do like how Geoff Johns explained that when he did bring Hal back
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:17 AM   #8
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I heard that Flash is getting a reboot with the dawn of DC or whatever... Another Reboot again... I mean how many DC reboots a guy can have in a life time ? I don't know which other characters get a reboot other than Wonder Woman and Flash. Wonder Woman already has a very convuluted origin... Adding another new origin among them and making it even more convuluted will do no good.

Can't these comic book writers write a seasoned hero or heroine ? I am really sick and tired of starting from the begining with the reboots again and again and again...