Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-13-2019, 02:19 AM   #391
dao2
Cyclops

Got mine today, unfortunately 2 of the fingers came broken off

Short review:

It is hella big first off, and the base isn't a slouch either. Base is hollow, but overall piece is pretty darn heavy.

The base paint seems standard fair, even the best companies are a bit lackluster on the base paint which is unfortunate, the wood in particular could have done a better job. The human skull is bigger then it should be but that was a known issue and the skull paint jobs are great.

The body paint job looks a little flat tbh, it has shading but it's rather light as is the shade of the body paint. The heads look great, the inside of the open mouth could have been painted a bit nicer as some of the shading is a little too thick in some areas.

Overall design is great though and easily the best werewolf statue I've seen, this is attributing both to the great design of the howling werewolf and PCS' design of the statue. This is definitely what brings the statue home for me, as well as the great price for it's size. If it wasn't for the great design I'd score it lower

~8/10

side note, there was happy face sticker with my COA which was rather odd (not attached just in the same bag). Is this supposed to have some sort of psychological effect where we are happier with our statues or something? :P edit: Apparently this is from the movie

In regards to the base legs, mine were spread apart a bit as well, I used my finger to stop the left leg from going all the way into the peg hole and pushed the right leg into the proper position and it dropped in like a charm and keeps it a nice tight fit (which if too be believed helps with overall stability).
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #392
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The happy face sticker is from the movie actually. A sort of calling card left by Eddie Quist, the killer. I like that they included that.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #393
dao2
Cyclops

Ah ok, didn't know that I will update my post
Old 05-13-2019, 07:56 PM   #394
hofmanjc
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Got mine today, unfortunately 2 of the fingers came broken off

Short review:

It is hella big first off, and the base isn't a slouch either. Base is hollow, but overall piece is pretty darn heavy.

The base paint seems standard fair, even the best companies are a bit lackluster on the base paint which is unfortunate, the wood in particular could have done a better job. The human skull is bigger then it should be but that was a known issue and the skull paint jobs are great.

The body paint job looks a little flat tbh, it has shading but it's rather light as is the shade of the body paint. The heads look great, the inside of the open mouth could have been painted a bit nicer as some of the shading is a little too thick in some areas.

Overall design is great though and easily the best werewolf statue I've seen, this is attributing both to the great design of the howling werewolf and PCS' design of the statue. This is definitely what brings the statue home for me, as well as the great price for it's size. If it wasn't for the great design I'd score it lower

~8/10

side note, there was happy face sticker with my COA which was rather odd (not attached just in the same bag). Is this supposed to have some sort of psychological effect where we are happier with our statues or something? :P edit: Apparently this is from the movie

In regards to the base legs, mine were spread apart a bit as well, I used my finger to stop the left leg from going all the way into the peg hole and pushed the right leg into the proper position and it dropped in like a charm and keeps it a nice tight fit (which if too be believed helps with overall stability).
Mine had a broken finger also. Left index finger. I wonder if this is going to be a common issue when they are shipped. One of the mushrooms were broken off the base also.
hofmanjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:38 PM   #395
dao2
Cyclops

I don't normally post pictures because all the ones I take are crap, but I'll make a bit of an exception in this case as my friend pointed out how my statue is giving me the finger :P

Also in the course of me taking some pictures of the head I happened to come up with a nice gradient of picture taking!

Here's a picture akin to the first photos we get where everyone panics about something and why you should never take a picture of a statue with the flash unless you know what you're doing (albeit this is an extreme example where it even drowned out the light ;p)

Here is a slightly better more normal (but sub par) picture:

Here is a half-way decent picture, probably the normal for most people posting pics here, doesn't really give a great impression of the statue but not the worst:

Decent photo not pictured as I cannot take one

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofmanjc View Post
Mine had a broken finger also. Left index finger. I wonder if this is going to be a common issue when they are shipped. One of the mushrooms were broken off the base also.
That would suck ;p Mushrooms were fine for me
Old 05-14-2019, 01:56 AM   #396
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Got mine, beautiful piece wouldn't of minded if it said "The Howling" on the base, might of worked on this piece. Rock solid heavy and must be displayed so I need to make space for him, slot him in somewhere. I got Ex.#26 and an Ex. AP both arrived fine no damage. A member mentioned that the hands/forearms feel as though made out of a softer material, was looking for that but couldn't tell? the whole piece feels rock solid.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:38 AM   #397
MK Ultra

Acrylic teeth look REALLY nice on the proto. wish they would of been like that on ours, instead of the yellow resin.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:54 PM   #398
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Got mine, beautiful piece wouldn't of minded if it said "The Howling" on the base, might of worked on this piece. Rock solid heavy and must be displayed so I need to make space for him, slot him in somewhere. I got Ex.#26 and an Ex. AP both arrived fine no damage. A member mentioned that the hands/forearms feel as though made out of a softer material, was looking for that but couldn't tell? the whole piece feels rock solid.
I agree in this case, a Howling name plate might have been nice. There's obviously plenty of room on the side of the base. Anyone out there do custom movie theme name plates like that? I know I've seen them somewhere before.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:46 PM   #399
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I don't normally post pictures because all the ones I take are crap, but I'll make a bit of an exception in this case as my friend pointed out how my statue is giving me the finger :P

LoL, Gratz on the piece! I think your friend found an easter egg from PCS's customer service to it's customers..... LOL
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:21 AM   #400
MK Ultra

LOVE both portraits on this piece! When I got mine I thought it would be easy to just put the Ex. portrait on, put the other one in the box and forget about it. But both are SUPER nice, it's hard choosing which one to display on the piece. I had mine set up in the back of my truck while I checked it for damage before throwing into storage, was drizzling a bit and I couldn't stop looking at it. The whole sculpt is awesome, I like the dirty,grimey wooden base, pretty realistic.