Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 06-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #11
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
dawg, are you going to check out the eternals? Dig that sexy copiel cover...
I'll probably snag it on your review Sam... Least see what's it's all about. Sersi's pretty hot so... yeah
Old 06-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #12
bat_collector
Galactus

Keith, I'm reviewing astonishing tonight.

I'll waito n a trade for the eternals.

however, I hope DC decides to give the New Gods the same treatment. we need them back. I'm reading the new gods trade from original 70's run (thanks to babytoxie) and absolutely love it. Those are kirby's best creations to me!

Orion rocks!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #13
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
I think b_c plans to review AXM but I agree about the Wolverine homage with Kitty Pride. We must be on the same wave length about the Romita JR days, Keith, 'cause I was thinking the same thing. Colossus really threw down but I was surprised he didn't realize what Shaw's strategy was and why he just let Colossus keep pummeling him. Yeah, as I said in my review, I've never trusted Emma. I know b_c feels she really loves Scott, and I actually believe that's true, and she may turn on the Hellfire Club as a result, but I'm with Kitty. We all knew this was coming and that she just was not to be trusted. Her true colors have come out at last. I also LOVED the scene with Wolverine: "I'm the best at what I do and what I do is...so pretty!"

You know I'm right there with you on Cap. This book just rocks but needs Epting as it's regular artist. Deodoto's pencils on New Avengers seemed a bit sloppy to me this issue but the ending caught me off guard. Really good issue.

You know what else too??? I am totally with you on Pete not realizing what Sebastian was up to. I was reading it and I was like... Pete what are you doing buddy? He's just letting you tag him like he used to and he's gonna beat the tar out of you in a minute. I think that Colossus just has a ton of aggression and figured "If I keep hammering him hard enough, who cares?"

Wolvie and Beast was great too... how about the dialogue and storytelling when Xavier's sis to Beast "can you even smell if anyone is in this room?" and wolvie is there behind her in shadow.

Also the panels with Emma getting her act in place to tell the others about Scott... Two ways to look at this... she was prepping her act... or she was truly tearful at what she had done and the pause was because of that.

either way the visual storrytelling of Cassaday is what makes Whedons story more alive than 7/8 of any other book out there. I dread the day that the ride is over and I hope it does not ever become a more mundane X-Book like the others are...

I do have high hopes for Brubaker on uncanny even though I am not fond of Billy Tan's art.

I normally like deodato's stuff (sam's Falcon cover) but I think I like his art for covers and pin-ups waaaaay more than I do for inner story telling. Him cranking out the panels seems less tight than his splashes.

Last edited by Kdawg59; 06-22-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Kdawg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #14
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector

however, I hope DC decides to give the New Gods the same treatment. we need them back. I'm reading the new gods trade from original 70's run (thanks to babytoxie) and absolutely love it. Those are kirby's best creations to me!

Orion rocks!
Hurry up Mikey... I wanna see your take on it... and talk about it a ton more...
Old 06-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #15
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59
Hurry up Mikey... I wanna see your take on it... and talk about it a ton more...
I haven't even read it yet, bro. Was a bit busy last night.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #16
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

On the Emma thing in AXM, it tells you in the second or third to last page that Emma was the one who wanted Kitty on the team. She did that because she knew Kitty wouldn't trust her and have the best chance of saving the X-Men when Emma betray's them. Emma wanted to get caught.

And the Wolvie rhyming bit was my favorite stuff in this issue.
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:10 AM   #17
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Fantastic review of the Bullseye v Punisher guys. I have the first to comics and plan on buying the trade. Jess was good enough to pick up a very nice splash page from the series. Cannot wait to read this and see how it ends.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #18
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59
Also the panels with Emma getting her act in place to tell the others about Scott... Two ways to look at this... she was prepping her act... or she was truly tearful at what she had done and the pause was because of that.
My take on that was that she was prepping her act, like (what's his name) in the movie Broadcast News with Holly Hunter. I don't think, at that time, she was tearful over what she'd done.

Callahan, as far as bringing Kitty on so she would get caught, I don't know. I think she sees Kitty as a weak link and easy prey.

The Wolvie rhymming was great!!! You're right that this has been a great ride. I, too, am dreading the end of this creative team's run on AXM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #19
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector

Orion rocks!
Mike, have you read the two Jack Kirby "Jimmy Olsen" trades? You should, if not, as they have the very first appearance of Darkseid and the New Gods. These are among the best, most mind blowing stuff Kirby's done (though the Universal Monster riff toward the end was kinda silly, IMHO).
Old 06-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #20
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
dawg, are you going to check out the eternals? Dig that sexy copiel cover...
Sam, here are the covers (though, not Copiel variants) for Eternals issues #2 & 3:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74489