Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 AM   #11
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Dawg, I agree about Spider-Man. His battle with Cap and his internal struggle with the whole thing is a sign of changes to come for Pete and his relationship with Tony. That was a great scene when he decided he needed to better analyze his suit. Leaving Cap's shield where Cap could find it was a beautiful touch.

Yeah and how we saw how much Pete truly respects Cap and how it almost get's him his ass handed back to him because he is in awe.

Raises a great point... How many others have lost to Cap because of his status of being a living legend... food for thought... not to say that Cap isn't as bad as they come when it is hand to hand combat.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #12
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59
well I think Ramos has a dynamic style... I like that it is clean but I'm not real big on cartoony for wolverine art. It's ONLY my preference but I have hate hate hated how they have written him for a few years now and the cartoony art now kind of reflects the writing. I think he's being written well in this book though as well as origins... I just want the wolverine back that used to be the MAN!

Sam do you remember that uncanny x-men annual where Captain Britain and Meggan guest starred and the issue begins with a drunken Wolvie sauntering home? Alan Davis drew it and he spends more than a few pages shaking off his alcohol once the trouble started? To me those were the days when they wrote wolvie the best... he wasn't a happy person, and yet his loyalty to his friends and his inner goodness left him as the last one standing and saving the whole damn bunch.
word.

ALso there was the one, in x-men I think when Juggernaught Took on collosus cause they were all at a bar, and wolvie was kind of the one who stirred up the pot cause he thought collossus was selfish about the way he treated kitty when he was in love with that alien girl during secret war. Said something about how kitty sacrificed herself to the morlocks for him, and he should show more or something like that.

You are right bro, those were they glory days of wolvie...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #13
bat_collector
Galactus

Joe, I may be in the minority, but I found some of Kubert's art not that great. Great in some parts, not the entire issue. I'd take Jim Lee over him anyday. But hey, I think the story is AWESOME. Its great to have Bruce try to be Bruce again, instead of being batman 24/7. Moorison just loves to throw you right in the middle of the action

Yes, I'm a bendis-hater, and I probably will never read all those issues of Daredevil I missed. However, I'm a total brubaker fan, and am beginnning to think the top three books may very well all be Bru's. But he was classy thanking the former creative team, and love the out of nowhere twist at the end.

And I still got New Avengers and Wolverine to read. Yes!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #14
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
word.

ALso there was the one, in x-men I think when Juggernaught Took on collosus cause they were all at a bar, and wolvie was kind of the one who stirred up the pot cause he thought collossus was selfish about the way he treated kitty when he was in love with that alien girl during secret war. Said something about how kitty sacrificed herself to the morlocks for him, and he should show more or something like that.

You are right bro, those were they glory days of wolvie...

double word...

Other times that have shown his character have been

Jim Lee's X-Men #1 when Cyclops is *****ing about how Magneto is evil and says "leopards don't change their spots" and Wolvie smoldering stogey in his hand says, "Funny and all this time I thought Magneto was a man".
Obviously referring to the time they spent as comrades in the X-Men during the mutant massacre. And yet in the same issue Wolverine Mortally wounds the man who he called teammate to defend his friends in battle.

How about this one...

the whole run where the reavers were torturing and crucifying wolverine. His idomnitable will as a man and instinct to survive at all costs were what freed him from that X shaped cross in that thunderstorm in australia.

Logan is a man... too often they just charge him into the next "Savage... blah blah I'm a beserker beast" type of battle... He used to say he was the best there is at what he does all the time... Well I guess these days that means growl and slice things because he's been capable of so much more than that.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #15
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
But he was classy thanking the former creative team, and love the out of nowhere twist at the end.
Good point, and I must admit this arc which I'm liking so much is building off of what Bendis had left, so I should go on record saying that even though I may not like Bendis style this book would be very different if not for him.
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #16
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Joe, I may be in the minority, but I found some of Kubert's art not that great. Great in some parts, not the entire issue. I'd take Jim Lee over him anyday. But hey, I think the story is AWESOME. Its great to have Bruce try to be Bruce again, instead of being batman 24/7. Moorison just loves to throw you right in the middle of the action

Yes, I'm a bendis-hater, and I probably will never read all those issues of Daredevil I missed. However, I'm a total brubaker fan, and am beginnning to think the top three books may very well all be Bru's. But he was classy thanking the former creative team, and love the out of nowhere twist at the end.

And I still got New Avengers and Wolverine to read. Yes!
I guess I am bitter but to me Jim Lee will always belong on the X-Men... His Hush run was spectacular but for me the end made the whole thing lack luster

Jim if you are out there... go home Wolvie needs you as do the fine X-Chicas
Old 07-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #17
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Logan is a man... too often they just charge him into the next "Savage... blah blah I'm a beserker beast" type of battle... He used to say he was the best there is at what he does all the time... Well I guess these days that means growl and slice things because he's been capable of so much more than that.
dawg, did you like enemy of the state/agent of shield? those arcs rocked!

And can someone tell me the issue of the barroom brawl w/ juggy. I NEEEED to read that one.

Dawg, can't wait for your definitive wolvie statue too.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #18
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I love the characterisation that has gone into the players in Civil War. Everyone's gone the way I've expected so far, and I know Spidey will be where he belongs soon.

In regards to Wolverine, it seems nice for a change that all the writers who are currently using him seem to be on the same page. I remember a few years ago, when Wolvie was in all three X-teams, his solo adventures and the Avengers, similar to now, but the difference was the writers were all catering to one aspect of his personality. He seemed to be five different people.

Thank God those days are gone, and Wolvie hasn't got multiple personalities anymore.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #19
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
dawg, did you like enemy of the state/agent of shield? those arcs rocked!

And can someone tell me the issue of the barroom brawl w/ juggy. I NEEEED to read that one.

Dawg, can't wait for your definitive wolvie statue too.

I did like those arcs a lot. That was the start of getting this character back on track but they still don't stand out in my mind as being my favorite wolvie stories. I miss the character who is deep and intriguing...
Old 07-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #20
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
double word...

Other times that have shown his character have been

Jim Lee's X-Men #1 when Cyclops is *****ing about how Magneto is evil and says "leopards don't change their spots" and Wolvie smoldering stogey in his hand says, "Funny and all this time I thought Magneto was a man".
Obviously referring to the time they spent as comrades in the X-Men during the mutant massacre. And yet in the same issue Wolverine Mortally wounds the man who he called teammate to defend his friends in battle.

How about this one...

the whole run where the reavers were torturing and crucifying wolverine. His idomnitable will as a man and instinct to survive at all costs were what freed him from that X shaped cross in that thunderstorm in australia.

dawg, that revears story was the best wolvie in a long time. Remember when Forge or whoever it was finnaly came to the rescue and blew Skullcrusher in half? That **** was cold blooded.

I keep forgetting we are the same age and have been reading the same comics for pretty much the last 20 years. We could go on like this forever...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote