Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 01-08-2017, 03:36 AM   #291
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBF View Post
^Andromeda should be Mass Effect's breakout but I think EA is about to blow this opportunity like they did with Titanfall 2. I hope for the best but fear the worst.
What do you think is going to go wrong? From all the hype I've seen, storyline wise, it's same $h1t different galaxy.....Pretty much. While I'm 'excited' to see what will come, I'd be surprised if the game has the same impact as the original series.....At least for veterans of the ME I.P.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:21 AM   #292
dao2
Cyclops

I don't think EA did anything wrong with Titanfall 2. The game is great, the marketing has been great, just very tough to break into COD/BF market share.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #293
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
What do you think is going to go wrong?
Bad marketing and release timeframe. To me you shouldn't be showing off gameplay for the fist time 3 months before release. Having your main form of marketing being this viral Adromeda Inititative website activity will only hype the existing fanbase but does nothing to reachout to a wider audience. Our best look at andromeda gameplay was at Nvidia's CES conference. They need television and internet ads, which I've seen none of and if they're relying on gaming sites to hype it up during release they're idiots. Gaming sites will be obsessed with the sucess or failure of Nintendo's new console and the new Zelda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I don't think EA did anything wrong with Titanfall 2. The game is great, the marketing has been great, just very tough to break into COD/BF market share.
They released it between two of the biggest FPS out there, one of which they own and knew well ahead of time the release timeframe. It makes me sick that Titanfall 2 and Dishonored 2 releases were poorly planned out. The developers made some awesome games, and the marketing was strong, but they got completly overlooked because of when they were released. We all know the developers will get blamed for it and the franchise will suffer (although it was nice picking them both up new at Best Buy just a couple of weeks after release of $26 each).
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #294
dao2
Cyclops

They didn't want sit on Titanfall 2 for that long and they wanted to steal CODs marketshare instead of sharing it (for hopeful future Titanfalls) since they are similar. BF while also a contender FPS is not as fast paced as either TF or COD. And dishonored is a way different type of game, I don't think releasing it later would have helped much.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #295
JPBF

^Battlefield 1 was released October 21st, Titanfall 2 just one week later on October 28th, and then Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare just one week after that on November 1st. There was no breathing room at all and with Titanfall going multi-platform for the first time, it was their big opportunity. You can say they're not the same type of game but when it comes to online games, people have to invest time to get good and get enjoyment out of it. You can't oversaturate the market like that and not expect people to just go with what they're familiar with.

October also gave us Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4, Gears of War 4, and PlayStation VR. November also gave us WatchDogs 2 (another sequel that got overlooked) and Final Fantasy 15. Dishonored and Titanfall should've been pushed back to early 2017, like January or February, which is pretty empty. October and November were just way too crowded

Edit: I still haven't gotten the followup email from Gaming Heads. Just emailed them a minute ago. Kind of worried none of us are going to be happy with the outcome of this
Old 01-09-2017, 01:28 AM   #296
dao2
Cyclops

Yeah we may not be, but that's ok I just PO anything from them again and will try a charge back or paypal claim.

BF1 and CoD actually play very differently. Titanfall is very close to CoD. With all the disappointment and bad press for CoD it was probably the best time to release it tbh.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #297
JPBF

^Yeah, I paid with PayPal too. Will look into making a claim or chargeback if they don't come up with something. As it stands, they haven't even offered me the points (which are worthless to me, since I cancelled all my pre-orders and doubt I'm ever buying anything from them again).
Old 01-13-2017, 03:37 AM   #298
dao2
Cyclops

Just got this email:

Quote:
Hi there,

Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are now in the process of inspecting all remaining stock, replacement and re-working/re-painting all defective replacement statues.

We would like to take this time to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience for you and offer you a replacement statue so we would need to reproduce a number of statues as our replacement stock will not cover every single claim, meaning the time frame could be up to April/May 2016 due to the Chinese New Year Break during Jan-Feb and China basically shutting down. Alternatively, we can refund you in full (inc shipping costs) and all you would need to do is destroy the statue and provide us 2 or 3 images with your name & date clearly in the images.

Thank you for your patience. We look forward to hearing back from you.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Customer Service
GamingHeads
Sounds promising, I'm down for a properly painted one. If not I'm glad they are honoring a full refund, looks like I'm keeping my orders.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:58 AM   #299
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Just got this email:

Sounds promising, I'm down for a properly painted one. If not I'm glad they are honoring a full refund, looks like I'm keeping my orders.

exactly how ARH is dealing with such issues
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:51 AM   #300
apellica
The Herculoids

Quote:
Just got this email:

Got the same email and I opted for a fix/replacement. Will wait for further instructions from them.

Tali was part of my main squad during the entire series when she was available so I want her in my collection. Sounds like they will do us right and fix the issue everyone has been complaining about.

I still cancelled my Thane though. I will wait for production pics before ordering him again. Most likely, he won't be selling out anytime soon.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote