Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #41
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
HOLEY SNAP! Best Buy and Future Shop in Canada are giving you AC4 COD: Ghosts or Battlefield 4 for FREE with the trade in of ANY current gen game. Hasta la vista NHL 09

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Visit-t...d-4/ba-p/72311

http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=c5b7-4fea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
That deal is ridiculous. It doesn't even make sense.

Congrats though.

Agreed, really crazy...

Wish it was here in the US...I'm sure I could spare my Tiger Woods 07...
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #42
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Agreed, really crazy...

Wish it was here in the US...I'm sure I could spare my Tiger Woods 07...
Deal was legit boys. I got the $60 Assassins Creed 4 in exchange for a game with a $5 trade in value. The stores were absolutely insane. I popped back by the store at the end of the day, everything had been picked clean, and the kid said that the BB and Future Shop in that one mall (which isnt the most popular spot normally) had seen 2000 people through in 4 hours
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #43
Luminous
Cyclops

Seriously, what could they stand to gain by taking in old sports games and giving away they're new stock? Insanity.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #44
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Seriously, what could they stand to gain by taking in old sports games and giving away they're new stock? Insanity.
According to an article in the National Post, akin to your Financial Times, their goal was to establish themselves as a viable player in the used market. I think they knew there taking a loss but wanted to demonstrate to people that they could be a viable option to GameStop as a trade-in location. They've been doing it for years but it hasn't really caught on to the extent that GameStop has, primarily because people just don't think of them as a used game seller but new games fly out the door there. It's good for us in that GameStop will get competition and perhaps this will lead to more fair pricing for our used games
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #45
Luminous
Cyclops

As of today, Target has officially started their Buy 2 Get 1 Free promotion on all video games. The promotion will end on Saturday November 16th. According to a Target employee I spoke to today, they will be expecting PS4 titles to arrive on Tuesday.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #46
Luminous
Cyclops

Well it looks like Amazon decided to up the ante. Just received a code via email for a Buy 1 Get 1 promotion for their PS4 launch titles. It says:

Quote:
"Thank you for pre-ordering a PS4 game. You have qualified for a special Buy One, Get One promotion on select PS4 titles.

Add two of the qualifying items to your cart and at checkout apply your individual claim code: xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx.

Your savings will be displayed in your Order Summary. Offer is valid through November 16, 2013."
Not sure how else to receive the code, but it may be sent to you if you preorder a PS4 game relatively soon. Please note that some titles are either already in stock or will be shipping on Nov. 12th.

Update: If you can't obtain the BOGO code, it looks like Amazon is running a Buy 2 get 1 promotion on PS4 titles.

Last edited by Luminous; 11-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #47
dr_teng
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Here's the link to the Buy 2 Get 1 Free on PS4 games, it starts at 9 am PST/12 EST, if you're interested, I would be there as soon as it goes up and get in your order ASAP. You've got to use the code GR8TNESS while checking out.

Some Targets received their PS4 games yesterday since a couple pals of mine got in on the promo, I figured I'd try Amazon first before venturing out.
dr_teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #48
Luminous
Cyclops

Amazon's PS4 games seem to be flying off the shelf.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #49
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Amazon's PS4 games seem to be flying off the shelf.
Target had a pretty good stock of titles yesterday.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #50
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Right now at walmart I believe all new Xbox one and ps4 games are $49.99 which is great deal! We just got our xbox one last night and can't wait to play!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote