Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 03-10-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
ukshaun
Hercules

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn (Caution Tape Jacket Version)

Just spotted this..
..and i'm not sure what to make of it?

Full credit to Hot Toys for attempting the Casution Tape Jacket
The portrait, i really don't know? her nose appears to look way off, or is it her mouth?

ABOUT THIS SIXTH SCALE FIGURE
“I'm the one they should be scared of. Not you. Not Mr. J.” – Harley Quinn

Who needs The Joker? After breaking up with her puddin, our totally insane and downright dangerous Harley Quinn leaves plenty of the past behind, returns to the big screen with a whole new gang, takes on new challenges in the crime-ridden Gotham City featuring things that she would never expect.

Hot Toys’ Harley Quinn (Caution Tape Jacket Version) Sixth Scale Collectible Figure not only includes Harley Quinn’s newest attire, the Wings Caution Tape Jacket with colorful fringes patterns, but also another delicate set of iconic costume as seen when she storms the police station, allowing fans to show off with Harley’s unique wardrobe.

Crafted with meticulous craftsmanship, the collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt highlighting amazing likeness of Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey, a Caution Tape Jacket with classic motorcycle collar detail translated Harley’s original creation, a set of finely tailored interchangeable outfit with matching boots, amazingly-detailed accessories including a shotgun with insertable bullets, a metallic baseball bat, layered chain necklaces, a sandwich, and a figure stand with specially designed graphic cards and character backdrop.

Share in the mayhem with the signature Harley Quinn figure for another thrilling adventure in Birds of Prey!

Artists
Yulli (Head Sculpt)
E-Lee (Head Paint)
JC. Hong (Head Paint) (Head Art Direction)

The portrait makes this one look better. Not that i'm a fan of the Harley below.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The original SS Harley and Prisoner Harley figures had decent sculpts. How are they suddenly getting worse and worse?
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:38 PM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
The original SS Harley and Prisoner Harley figures had decent sculpts. How are they suddenly getting worse and worse?
Different head sculptor was used for the latest two.
Classic (below) and Prisoner had way better head sculpts.

Harley's legs used to be bigger. Now they are thinner. I'm not sure which is more accurate?
Old 03-11-2020, 01:52 AM   #4
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

As I expected, A lot recycling from the last Harley. Same hair sculpt, body, pink top and shorts. New portrait, shoes, t-shirt, accessories and caution tape top. Oh, and the egg sandwich. Not a big investment. The design might be more palatable to collectors. Still a pass from a terrible movie.

$281. Wow. Really expensive.

This might be good for customizers.

I’ll wait for the Harley from James Gunn’s Suicide Squad 2
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 06:45 AM   #5
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
As I expected, A lot recycling from the last Harley. Same hair sculpt, body, pink top and shorts. New portrait, shoes, t-shirt, accessories and caution tape top. Oh, and the egg sandwich. Not a big investment. The design might be more palatable to collectors. Still a pass from a terrible movie.

$281. Wow. Really expensive.

This might be good for customizers.

I’ll wait for the Harley from James Gunn’s Suicide Squad 2
I'm still waiting for the Blu-ray to drop, before i see the film.

I wonder if Hot Toys plan on a 3rd figure from Birds or Prey? ..or and 4th and a 5th?

Hot Toys should have gone with a slightly more crazy extreme smile, and worked on a way to make the teeth less perfect.
Her nose should be smaller. The teeth remind of the same teeth uses on Harley Quinn Dancer, which was another easy pass.