Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-20-2020, 07:03 AM   #41
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
Out of curiosity which Bishoujo releases did Kotobukiya say would not be reissued? To my knowledge the only ones I confirmed was the first Catwoman release, all convention exclusives and the 1/8 scale Marvel releases.

Means the regular Street Fighter Bishoujos I missed may still be re-issued? Oh boy! That's good news for me. I missed Poison and the SF5 Chun-li. I just couldn't pull the trigger when they came out, but for the sake of completion, would totally get them if they were to be available again.
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:26 PM   #42
diegocollects
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post

I feel like the Armored Wonder Woman re-release is due entirely to the new movie coming out, since she's been shown wearing armor in some of the advertisements. A re-release is also more cost effective over an entirely new Wondy sculpt.

It's just Koto and DC trying to capitalize on the hype, I guess.
I think this is the case too. They're trying to take advantage of the excitement for the new movie. They did the same thing for the Birds of Prey movie. Around the time Birds of Prey was released, several statues were rereleased and up for pre-order: Harley Quinn (new 52 edition), Black Canary, and Huntress.

Definitely not a coincidence! And it makes sense too. It would be easier to just reissue older statues than to create brand new sculpts.

Personally, I don't mind reissues. It gives me the opportunity to collect statues I might've missed out on. For me, the most fun part of collecting is getting to see these statues on a daily basis. Bringing something that I'm passionate about into my house is fulfilling in such a way I cannot describe. I don't worry about how much others pay.
diegocollects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:41 PM   #43
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Type in bishoujo in the aftermarket and I see a ton of them for sale now at 8.00-30.00 online from some sellers/ retailers! Great deals for many newer releases from a couple of years onward to recent releases going forward! That's an unbelievable deal when retails 100.00-150.00 each. This makes me feel better since I paid 350.00-400.00 for the first releases and some that's been reissue. Off-course now all of those goes for retail or less than ordering from online retailers. I love these things but no longer collect them. I do look at all the beautiful pics though. The memories and new releases looks stunning. At least going forward all the newer releases will be obtainable for all budgets. If they can make these in 1:4, I may buy some of them again.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote